Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niteline

Options
  • 23-11-2007 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Has anyone got the Nitelink back to Greystones recently? The last few times i got it, which was a number of months ago, it was only stopping in Greystones village. Has this changed? Heading to town tonight and don't fancy the long walk in the cold tonight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Got the 2am one about 6 weeks ago and it came to Charlesland but we did have to ask the driver and show him where to go! I don't know if they're officially meant to come to Charlesland, might be worth a call to Dublin Bus to ask them bfh, otherwise I think it's just potluck as to whether you get a nice driver or not (and how sweetly you smile at them ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It seemed to be pot luck alright, the best we got was to the 1st roundabout, never up to Charlesland itself. The walk was still preferable to the cost of a taxi from the city though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Damo75

There is a Finnegans bus from town too. The first one leaves at 1am from Clerys on O'Connell Street but only goes as far as Bray but the second bus at 3am goes to Greystones and into Charlesland.

We got it from the bus stop opposite the Molly Malone statue (I think it is the No. 7/8 bus stop) and it was €6 or €7 each. The only problem with this bus is that once it gets to Bray it really goes around the houses so it takes a bit of time ... it was well worth it to get dropped to Charlesland though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the finnegans bus goes down practically every street in bray - it'd probably be 0430 or later before you got back to Charlesland. The 84N on the other hand is very quick - less than an hour to Greystones.

Either way there a big gap between the last Dart (1130) and the first nightbus (0200) - another option is to get the 1am Finnegans bus as far as Bray and ring ahead for a cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Got the 2am one about 6 weeks ago and it came to Charlesland but we did have to ask the driver and show him where to go! I don't know if they're officially meant to come to Charlesland, might be worth a call to Dublin Bus to ask them bfh, otherwise I think it's just potluck as to whether you get a nice driver or not (and how sweetly you smile at them ;)).
    Last stop is the rail station, the 2am one runs back in empty to do the 4am. I think most drivers go via Delgany to get back to the N11 so they may drop you enroute at the roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

loyatemu wrote: »
    another option is to get the 1am Finnegans bus as far as Bray and ring ahead for a cab.

Get the 7N to the Woodbrook Roundabout just coming into Bray, and have a cab arrange to pick you up. Used to do this regularly heading from town to Kilcoole.

7N leaves every 30mins, and most of the taxis in Bray know the score - if you cant get organise one to wait, then you're in a good location to flag one down heading in/out of Bray.

Advertisement