Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Impressive driving in the wet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The guy's giving out yards about the ESP, reckons it'd be much more 'elegant' with just ABS.:)

I thought the ESP was switchable on a E39 though? It certainly doesn't look like he has ESP on, maybe the switch only turns it down, as opposed to off altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Wow that is astonishing! :eek:

That driver is seriously brave!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Ho-ly-sh*t :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Impressive driving there wow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

impressive driving alright ...but shyte roadholding :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

What car control !
    Seriously good stuff I particularly like the way he kept the power slide around the double apex'd right hander.

I am a bit shocked at how tail happy it was on the entrance to bends though, he seemed to fighting oversteer on the entry - mean the back had lost grip without him provoking it!

(probably not the fastest way round the track either !)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah that was fun trip, though you can see he is deliberately trying to flick the tail out instead of taking the quicker line, he's having fun no doubt !

It give a good insight as to how progressive the E39 chassis is !

I think as on most cars you can swith off the ESP/ASC/TC or whatever but there is still some intefference from the electronics. I dont see the usual orange exclamation mark lit up on the dah though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Reminds me of Grand Turismo on the Playstation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

On my E39, non M5, poverty spec, you can switch ESP on and off comfortably. It does wonders for your neck muscles when he gains grip coming out of the fish tail.

Thats driver is crazy though, must be someones else car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Surely the grip can't be that bad, and he's doing that deliberately? Maybe he's drifting?

(Is the passenger eating a mac donalds, or what's that noise)

• Advertisement
Advertisement