Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst car of the last 20 years

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

junkyard wrote: »
    And remember the Fiat Regatta, or Regreta as we used to call them, the English one was spelt Regata for some reason with only one "t"
    Only one 't' in Rome also! ;) (What was meant by the '70' - 70BHP?

FiatRegata.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fiat's used to badge their cars on bhp. I think the last to do this was the Bravo/Brava/Marea. although older versions of them originally had the engine size on the wings, they then started to put the power output (80 16v, 100 16v, 105 JTD)/
    Older Puntos have this on the wings too. Older cars like the Unos had it on the boot door (Uno 45 etc) pity VW didn't do that with their diesels!

not unusual for manufacturers to state bhp on badges. Mercedes still do this for their commercial vehicles, e.g. a Vito 110 CDI has a 1 ton capacity and 100bhp, a Sprinter 313 CDI has 3 ton capacity and 130 bhp, Atego 1317 - you get the picture!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It just about makes the 20 year time frame, but how this car has not been mentioned yet is beyond me:

http://www.citroenvisa.net/

What do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Fiat's used to badge their cars on bhp
    Was the Fiat Mirafiora 131bhp! (a much nicer car that it's replacement - the Regata).
    colm_mcm wrote:
    Mercedes still do this for their commercial vehicles, e.g. a Vito 110 CDI has a 1 ton capacity and 100bhp, a Sprinter 313 CDI has 3 ton capacity and 130 bhp, Atego 1317 - you get the picture!
    It's the same in their heavy truck sector eg. MB Actros 2540 is 25 tonnes/400hp, the 3250 is 32 tonnes/500hp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

This car ,because every time I see it ,I'm reminded of how warped ireland is.
    Bertie aherns run around car.
    mercedes_benz_s350_08_08_06.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MG did it on the last generation cars. ZR105 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Whatever about the Vectra the MK4 Astra was a complete dog!
    Engine known to blow up after 65k - same thing happened to FIVE other people I know who had them also - head gasket on mine blew so hard the car caught fire sorry I didn't let it burn - had to get a new engine took nearly three months to find one.

Also the brakes were nigh on impossible to get done by anyone other than a main dealer because apparently they can lock very easily when bled causing major problems.

God I hated that car.:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Actually there's quite a few awful cars of the last 20 years:

Suzuki Alto:
    IMG_0136.JPG

Someone mentioned these already, and having driven one, I have to agree that they are shockingly poor:
    i.kia.rio.2004.blue.jpg

Yugo:
    Yugo_Ad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Yugo cars comparing themselves to "The Bug" - what a cheek!

Advertisement