Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to unlock Nokia n95 8gb

• 23-11-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I was just wondering does anyone know anywhere that can unlock the n95 8gb

Rang 1 place and they said its too new.
    any idea?

**Didnt think this was suitable or the unlocking thread because im not looking for unlocking code**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

I suggest you look here...

http://www.n95users.com/forum/general-95/1985-unlock-nokia-n95-code-same.html

What's the Country and Network of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

vodafone uk

Well technically you can contact them, give your IMEI and request the unlock code - I've done that a bundle of times with Vodafone here and I just asked them to email it to me which they do no problem.

Unless the phone is a bit... "hot" to handle?

its not hot at all
    I just realised i can get it 200 euro cheaper in uk if bought on vodafone uk prepay.
    Vodafone Ireland are releasing the phone for xmas on prepay for 609euro

Well in that case, get in touch with Vodafone UK and request the unlocking code.

• Advertisement

i thought you'd have to spend a certain amount before they'd unlock it??
    i'll give them a ring just to see i they do it

They should do, just quote the mobile number you got and request it because you want to give it to your "sister for christmas" and she's on a different network.

i just sent them off a mail. not sure how often they check them
    There was no phone number to call them

I just said my sister lives in the Uk and bought me the phone and i need it unlocked to work over here.

just gave hem a call there
    Extremley helpful
    Just said
    When i get the phone, ring them and they will be able to unlock it.
    thanks auggie :D

• Advertisement

Ah good old faithful Vodafone... no problem at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chunkylover53

just wondering if its the same code to unlock all n95 8gb locked to vodafone uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Wouldnt say so. These are all locked according to the IMEI number and there are specific codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

No the unlock code for all new Nokia devices is called a BB5 code, and it is device specific.
    Currently there is no know way to hack the BB5 code so the only way to do it is to contact the provider of the phone and ask them for it.

With older phones (Pre-Symbian 9 OS, I think) the algorithm for generating the codes was hacked so there were websites you could get them on by supplying your IMEI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mactiho

I just got this phone off my parents!
    Now its locked to Vodafone Ireland,is it possible to change it to meteor! Any help would be greatly appreciated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Follow the advice above, Call Vodafone and ask for the Network Access Code (NAC) usually takes a few days coz they have to get them from Nokia.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What do you do when you can't call the network.....I have one on 3 Ireland I need to get unlocked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I can unlock ANY Nokia on ANY network. I don't disassemble the phone, your warranty will still be valid. If you want I can supply you with the unlock code and you can unlock the phone yourself with the code. I just need the phone for 1/2 hours. PM me for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I can unlock ANY Nokia on ANY network. I don't disassemble the phone, your warranty will still be valid. If you want I can supply you with the unlock code and you can unlock the phone yourself with the code. I just need the phone for 1/2 hours. PM me for info.

What solution are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ongawa

Hi Damo2k,

I'm interesting to unlock my vodafone n95 8gb. Could you explain me how to do it?

Thank's 4 ur time.

Nando

• Advertisement

What solution are you using?
    DM3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

DM3

I thought they were keeping that to themselves? as in, they'll do the unlocking but not sell on their solution. or are you one of them :-)

I thought they were keeping that to themselves? as in, they'll do the unlocking but not sell on their solution. or are you one of them :-)
    PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

taibhse wrote: »
    its not hot at all
    I just realised i can get it 200 euro cheaper in uk if bought on vodafone uk prepay.
    Vodafone Ireland are releasing the phone for xmas on prepay for 609euro

Is it still possible to buy the 8gb on vodafone UK prepay?

Advertisement