Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights in Greystones this Sunday

Options
  • 23-11-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would let anyone know that didn't know, The lights will be turned on at 4.30 on Sunday.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

foxy06 wrote: »
    Just thought I would let anyone know that didn't know, The lights will be turned on at 4.30 on Sunday.:)

Great thanks for letting us know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Next year they'll be turned on in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Next year they'll be turned on in September.

What is that supposed to mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It means that they're getting turned on earlier and earlier each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

They turned on the lights in Bray last Saturday so Greystones isn't the worst.
    Anyway it's not as bad as the Charlesland shopping centre. They turned on the lights there last year about 4 days before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Too late or too early theres no pleasing everybody. 24th of November we're not far away now.
    Its a good time to switch on the lights.

Happy Christmas Everyone!!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

I wonder if the Charlesland centre management will treat us to the single flashing bulb extravaganza that they put on last year. And Thank You Foxy Happy Christmas to you all too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

The lights being turned on was good for the kids.

Sinister Dick 'Cock' Roache was there but didnt say a word.

The choir was good too. Glad to see so many people attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tortoise

Grafton Street lights were also switched on a couple of weeks ago and O'Connell St. last week. Whilst I wholeheartedly belong to the 'anti-early xmas brigade' (does anyone really buy decorations at halloween!):confused:, if our local traders are to have any hope of matching the big boys in the city I completely agree with creating a festive atmosphere in our village. There are not too many shopping days to christmas you know....especially once you deduct party days, sleeping off days and days were you can't be bothered !!:D

• Advertisement

Tortoise wrote: »
    especially once you deduct party days, sleeping off days and days were you can't be bothered !!:D

Oh No!! That leaves me with one shopping day!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budro

Everything says its on the Killinncarrig Road this year. Is that just the parade?Didn't they do the lighting ceremony it in the Meridian Centre last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

wow. 3 years ! Is this a record for resurrecting a thread ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

My word this thread is nearly older than my daughter!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement