Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Export/Import email

• 23-11-2007 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to move my email on my old laptop(microsoft outlook) to my new new lpatop which has vista on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

power2614 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to move my email on my old laptop(microsoft outlook) to my new new lpatop which has vista on it.

Will the new laptop also have Outlook?

In outlook, under File, select import/export, then export to a file and select a .pst file. This will give you the option to export your outlook folders, select the root.(Don't forget to tick include subfolders!) Then on the new laptop you can select File, Open, Outlook Data file. You can then copy the mails over to your local folders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

I am using windows mail,have saved the pst file,but dont where to go from here.The "open"wont work.

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm not familiar with Windows mail. Is that a new mail client for Vista that replaced Outlook Express?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jester77 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Windows mail. Is that a new mail client for Vista that replaced Outlook Express?
    Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Any idea's????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Look here:
    username in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail

Simply copy the all content, and copy it over to the new PC
    When you open Windows mail, you ill see everything.
    From Windows mail there is also an option in "Account" to export the account itself. That saves you some time as you just need to re-import after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Some people seem to have the wrong idea of what's required.

Outlook on XP transferring to Windows Mail on Vista.

Apparently you need to install Outlook 2003/7 on the Vista machine., even the 30 day trial version, downloaded from MS will do.

Then under windows Mail the import mail from Outlook pst option should work.

There's a few other possibilities, like under the XP machine, start up outlook express and import mail from Outlook.
    Copy the files over,
    Then in Windows Mail, import in Outlook Express 6 format.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ressem wrote: »
    Some people seem to have the wrong idea of what's required.
    and power2614 did mention PST too :D

thankfully microsoft have dropped the very confusing "outlook express" name from the product that isn't outlook

Advertisement