Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

average industrial wage

Options
  • 23-11-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Have read that people in smal business only earn the same as average industrial wage which I understand is 32k. Would that be before or after tax?

Hope this is right place cos it refer to what people in busoness can hope to earn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The average industrial wage figure you saw is based on gross earnings before all deductions. It's worth noting that this figure does not include those in clerical or managerial positions in industry. The [url==http://www.cso.ie]CSO[/url] will have exact details for these figures on their site.

I'll add that looking at this one very broad figure would be a very poor way to determine what you could hope to earn. These figures are an economic indicator of the value of a week work in a particular area but not something that I would base any employment decisions on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

The average industrial wage figure you saw is based on gross earnings before all deductions. It's worth noting that this figure does not include those in clerical or managerial positions in industry. The [url==http://www.cso.ie]CSO[/url] will have exact details for these figures on their site.

I'll add that looking at this one very broad figure would be a very poor way to determine what you could hope to earn. These figures are an economic indicator of the value of a week work in a particular area but not something that I would base any employment decisions on.

Thanks for that ;)

Advertisement