Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattoo artists in Dublin!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You will I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drexler

Hi does anyone know a good place in Dublin where they would do a decent jb of this:

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/125/sb0106_125.gif?code=125.gif

I know that it should be straightforward enough, but I've seen pics of that tattoo, and the shape is disproportionate or the shades of the colours are more than a little off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WeeToffePop

I had my tattoo touched up it's a jigsaw piece and the tattoo artist attempted to make it 3d and completely messed it up. I need to get it fixed and finished off does anyone know the best place in Dublin for it...? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

hi folks its about 15 years since my last tattoo havent a clue wheres good to go these days im looking to get names calligraphy type script on the inside of my forarms and on my stomach can anybody recommend. oh ye in dublin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

How long does a tattoo take to do? I know it varies with regards to size etc but the one I want is quite small - 4 words in black? Tattoo place charges 70 flat fee and then 100 pe hour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Most places charge between 80e - 120e an hour.
    As for recommending places in dublin its all about the individual artists, Colourworks (TempleBar) is solid, also Rob in Snakebite is amazing. Whatever your getting i.e script check out the portfolios and look at similiar stuff and see if its decent. Deciding on a good font is what its all about.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Most places charge between 80e - 120e an hour.
    As for recommending places in dublin its all about the individual artists, Colourworks (TempleBar) is solid, also Rob in Snakebite is amazing. Whatever your getting i.e script check out the portfolios and look at similiar stuff and see if its decent. Deciding on a good font is what its all about.

i know its fairly basic getting the lettereing done but ive seen some horror attempts too so dont want to get a ****e job done ill have a look at those places, do most places charge by time now or is there some sort of charge per letter etc,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Most places charge by time, unless its an unusual piece or they know you well.
    Depending on the word font doesn't usually take that long.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Most places charge by time, unless its an unusual piece or they know you well.
    Depending on the word font doesn't usually take that long.

4 letters on each arm and 6 on stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhmw

Looking to get a really colourful hippy tattoo with words and flowers etc
    Need a someone good with colour!???

Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Where are you based, and what style? The more information you give, the better chance you have of a recommendation, rather than something generic, as most decent artists will be good with colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mula mc donagh

hey guys lookin get my first tattoo its a cherry blossom tree with a riseing sun brakingup the middle of it with a samuri charatcer restin up against a tree style done in say japanses anime type any recommend shops/artist in the dublin area that would be specailize in this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Went to here Remi works on the weekend but he's apparently booked solid for the next half year (grats to him, he definitely deserves his success IMO), and he doesn't work weekends. Due to where I want the tattoos I'd prefer it on a day where I'm not in work the following day. Then there's the issue that, although I'd prefer to stick with an artist I trust to do a good job, the tattoos I want aren't exactly complex or overly demanding (they're just text), as such if I do book with Remi I might be preventing someone who wants something that does need his talents.

As such can anyone recommend someone, based in Dublin, who's good at text, or has a good attention to detail, as I have the text printed out so it won't be freehand, but obviously it's important to me that the tattoos are accurate to the printout I supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhmw

Where are you based, and what style? The more information you give, the better chance you have of a recommendation, rather than something generic, as most decent artists will be good with colour.

Hi sorry I never got back I found a guy Radu Klein thought I'd put up the finished product!c6069366.jpg

Advertisement