Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Eurovision song .....

Options
  • 23-11-2007 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭

This is mine as sung by severine which won the contest in Dublin 1971 (.Volume is a bit low and pictures a bit grainy but still good to view ) .

Eurovision 1971 Monaco Severine - Un Banc, Un Arbre, Une Rue

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Q8D1JAwqY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

Rock 'n' Roll Kids" winning song of the Eurovision Song Contest 1994, by Paul Harrington and Charlie McGettigan.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Niamh Kavanagh , 1993 ,In your eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3W-YeyFyPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I love all the winning Eurovision songs They are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Rock and roll kids by Ireland from 1994.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

This is a beautiful song: Dana - All Kinds Of Everything

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0iueDfDC18E

• Registered Users Posts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bit off topic, but do any of ye remember the interval/opening there one year where it was a series of people doing dances to different film's, very quick succession, and one of them was a Men In Black dance with loads of people dressed as the MIB doing excellently syncronised dancing? Trying to find it everywhere but can't...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

This is my favorite. It's before my time (actually before I was born). Vicky Leandros - L'amour est bleu for Luxembourg in 1967. This is a clip of the song being performed but not on the actual eurovision. As was very common for Luxembourg, before everyone else started it, they pioneered the art of parachuting in foreign performers for their national entry - Vicky Leandros was actually Greek.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=tIH7mjqhkiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Zirconia wrote: »
    This is my favorite. It's before my time (actually before I was born). Vicky Leandros - L'amour est bleu for Luxembourg in 1967
    . Lovley song to , i think she also represented luxembourg in 1972 with Après toi" and recorded a version in English (come what may ) which made the top ten in England .Severinne also recorded an English version of Un Banc, Un Arbre, Une Rue,but some songs sound better sung in the originanl language as the two mentioned above.

Here is another fav of mine , English version of wonderful dream by ann marie david http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VdgbooYrQ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

latchyco wrote: »
    Eurovision 1971 Monaco Severine - Un Banc, Un Arbre, Une Rue

Fantastic song - it would be my favourite too, followed by 'Après toi'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Lordi - Blood Red Sandman. I genuinely really like this band.

I thoroughly enjoyed last years Ukraine entry Dancing Lasha Tumbai and the Austrian entry from 2003 Weil der Mensch Zahlt deserves a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

Bucks Fizz 'Making your mind up' its a classic pop song. Its a pity one body writes songs like that anymore.
    Cheryl baker was my favourite member of the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Dishy johnny logans "whats another year" gives me the shivers, he reminds me of Elvis, dana was great too

lucyburn wrote: »
    Bucks Fizz 'Making your mind up' its a classic pop song. Its a pity one body writes songs like that anymore.
    Cheryl baker was my favourite member of the band.
    The brits used to be good at writing god euro pop songs Cilff (no 2 ) lulu (1) shadows (2) .another good pop tune they had in euro was ' ooh ah just a little ' by ( i forget ) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Waterloo !

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

latvia's entry in 2006, some called it cockiness, some called it arrogance...i call it madness. however, it is my favourite one.

what does that big bald guy at the side of the stage do...and i love the constant booing of the crowd:

enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6USdr7NS_gY

oh, yeah...ooh ah just a little bit... was by gina g...she made me the man i am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'My Lovely Horse'. Crackin tune

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This site lists all the winners. Concur with both Vicki Leandros songs and the 1971 winner. I also like the 1975 Netherlands Ding a Dong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You're all taking the piss right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Shocking omission

"Volare" (Italian for the infinitive form of the verb "to fly") is another popular name for Domenico Modugno's signature song "Nel blu dipinto di blu" (literally "In the blue painted blue"). Written by Domenico Modugno (music and lyrics) and Franco Migliacci (lyrics), "Nel blu dipinto di blu" was presented by Domenico Modugno and Johnny Dorelli at the 1958 Sanremo Music Festival, winning the contest and achieving instant popularity. It was then chosen to represent Italy in the 1958 Eurovision Song Contest and came third. The song is a ballad in a dramatic chanson style, in which Modugno describes the feeling he has (which he likens to flying) when with his lover.

Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, creators of ABBA’s "Waterloo", voted as the "all time favourite song of the Eurovision Song Contest" said when they received the prize ("Volare" came second): "I myself voted for 'Volare' but I am pleased that so many people voted for us"

• Advertisement

I think the shadows 'Let me be the one ' is a classic pop/euro tune.It has everything ,good lyrics ,soaring harmonies with great guitar licks and complimented by a lovley orchestral score .Really deserved to win instead of 2nd place considering the group were more famous for instrumentals .The track can be found on the exellent 'Specs appeal ' album (1975) were the Shads proved they could boggie ,rock, pop c/w and sing with the best of em .

Advertisement