Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply question...

Options
  • 23-11-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but a what happens if you run out of power cables on your power supply inside your case and you want to install something like an extra sata hard disk? Is there anything you can do other than having to unplug another device. I've seen cases advertised on websites which say you can fit 5-6 hard disks inside them but I cannot see how you could possibly install this number of sata hard disks without running out of power connections?

Hope this makes sense and again apologies if this is a dumb question:confused:

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

livEwirE wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but a what happens if you run out of power cables on your power supply inside your case and you want to install something like an extra sata hard disk? Is there anything you can do other than having to unplug another device. I've seen cases advertised on websites which say you can fit 5-6 hard disks inside them but I cannot see how you could possibly install this number of sata hard disks without running out of power connections?

Hope this makes sense and again apologies if this is a dumb question:confused:

Cheers,

you can get a splitter(double-adapter) for the power cables.
    Most computer hardware places sell them €5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Any of these on komplett m8, just so I know what to look for:D

cheers for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The closest thing komplett have that i can see is this:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=314054

But if you live in dublin you can call into peats, they have a large stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Excellent Anti, thats exactly what I'm looking for:D

Advertisement