Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Lessons

Options
  • 23-11-2007 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company/person that does driving lessons in the Limerick City/ Castletroy area?

I've had a google but there's so many and no reviews thought you all might have some suggestions.

Any guideline price would be helpful also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Nessans School of Motoring are excellent. They are very professional and being a big enough company the instructors are properly qualified so you know to listen to thier advice.

The instructor I'm with is lovley, easy going and all that, doesnt panic or get angry. Another advantage is that she has her own peddles and mirror, i dunno if the lone rangers have that but I'd say keep to people/companies that do. Its really good for peace of mind.

They charge €33 per lesson or 300 for 10 (which works out at €30 per lesson)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Robin Piggott is great.
    http://www.astraldrivingschool.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

That astral driving school webiste is a bit mad, more like a motivational site than one advertising driving lessons! :)

How did you like the lessons 5uspect? Were then in a 2-steering wheel type car or just a regular one?

Anyone else have any recommendations? I'm going to phone a few of them just to see what they're like. Just got provisional so want to get driving (and license!) as soon as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Tom O Mahoney is excellent he runs Shannonside school of motoring.

100 percent record with 10 of my mates

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah, Robin is currently learning the whole web design thing! He's very proud of it tho, talks quite a lot about it.

He has the dual control car, a VW Polo (1.8 TDI i think). His lessons are very good, he gives a lot of feedback. I have my test in a couple of weeks and I've a few more lessons with Robin where we'll do mock tests of the test routes.

So far I've quite enjoyed my learning experience. I thought I'd never drive.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

ever heard of Mike Shine?
    Think he is out by Shannon
    best in Limerick
    top man

Well, I'm looking for Castletroy/Limerick City area so Shannon is too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Treaty/ Mike Connoly were good for me. You get more than one opinion on your driving and 2 different styles of teaching.

Found them great. Couldn't fault them really. 11 lessons for €300 when I took mine but thats about 2 years ago now.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Anne and Niall's school of motoring. They the best no point wasting time with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

sioda wrote: »

Second that recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Concept

sioda wrote: »

Would have to recommend Tom....................Have done so for more than 10 yrs and everyone I know who has gone to him has passed there test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Esm

Just a quick reminder to anyone taking Driving lessons to make sure that they go with a registered Driving Instructor.. Rsa or Dir Regd, Dont be afraid to ask them!! Ireland has beeen riddled with cowboy "driving instructors" for the last 20 yrs (ish) taking good money of decent people for rubbish instruction. Word of mouth is always a great source of reference and recomendations from successfull clients is always a good place to start..

Quality Driving Lessons can be expensive so be carefull when starting not to go with the "cheap" fix or "quick start schemes" , these type of companies who offer these type of deals are useless because they are .. cheap, you get what you give nd all that..

Passing the Driving Test is only the start of anybodys driving Career, no matter what age or experence. Learning how to drive safely from scratch is so much more important from a life driving perspctive. Learning how to pass the test is only a personal foundation for you from which to build on and keep yourself, your passengers and everyone else around you on the road safe. The full licence is not coated with a invincible force field that you can never crash or whatever..

Having said that its the best feeling in the world to pass , and upon passing you will never have to do it again (hopefully!).. just build your life skills and continue each day personally, to improve yourself.

Good Luck to anyone who is taking the test and if you want to vist my website for everything you will need to know to pass it, Examiners test questions, Test routes maps, pretty much everything you will ever need as a motorist or learner driver and more :) please click here..

http://www.erneschoolofmotoring.com/drivingtest.html

... Esm

http://www.erneschoolofmotoring.com

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Esm wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder to anyone taking Driving lessons to make sure that they go with a registered Driving Instructor.. Rsa or Dir Regd, Dont be afraid to ask them!! Ireland has beeen riddled with cowboy "driving instructors" for the last 20 yrs (ish) taking good money of decent people for rubbish instruction. Word of mouth is always a great source of reference and recomendations from successfull clients is always a good place to start..

Quality Driving Lessons can be expensive so be carefull when starting not to go with the "cheap" fix or "quick start schemes" , these type of companies who offer these type of deals are useless because they are .. cheap, you get what you give nd all that..

Passing the Driving Test is only the start of anybodys driving Career, no matter what age or experence. Learning how to drive safely from scratch is so much more important from a life driving perspctive. Learning how to pass the test is only a personal foundation for you from which to build on and keep yourself, your passengers and everyone else around you on the road safe. The full licence is not coated with a invincible force field that you can never crash or whatever..

Having said that its the best feeling in the world to pass , and upon passing you will never have to do it again (hopefully!).. just build your life skills and continue each day personally, to improve yourself.

Good Luck to anyone who is taking the test and if you want to vist my website for everything you will need to know to pass it, Examiners test questions, Test routes maps, pretty much everything you will ever need as a motorist or learner driver and more :) please click here..

http://www.erneschoolofmotoring.com/drivingtest.html

... Esm

http://www.erneschoolofmotoring.com

Definately agree with you in regards to finding a registered DI. and good advice too.. :D

Just booked with Robin from Astral, he sounds brilliant had a big chat on the phone with him and first lesson is on Saturday. Thanks for the tip everyone!

Advertisement