Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last episode of season 3

• 23-11-2007 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Did you figured out why Jake was about to commit suicide and who is in that coffin?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Still just theories, it may be some time before we find out the answer to either of those questions.

I think Jack's suicide attempt is obviously because of his guilt regarding whatever went down on the island that resulted in everyone leaving. The writers are big Stephen King fans and the flash-forward reminded me a lot of the last 20 minutes of Storm Of The Century.

Not to spoil anything but it's also about an island community who in the end (over the objections of the main character) make a terrible sacrifice which they believe is for the greater good of the community. However it haunts them for the rest of their lives via depression and many of them commit suicide or suffer other horrible fates.

I suspect the Lostaways have a similarly dark future ahead. However the fact that Jack wants to return to the island means there's some hope that things will be put right.

As for who's in the coffin: I'd really like to think that it's Ben. It fits perfectly imo. Especially in the light of the last mobisode where Ben tells Jack that if he ever leaves the island he may wish to return and to remember this conversation. I think in time Jack may come to realise that despite his methods Ben was right and that he should have listened to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

. I think in time Jack may come to realise that despite his methods Ben was right and that he should have listened to him.
    defently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Delminuso

i only finished watchin it on thursday an man what an epidsode to finish on, I immediately asked everyone about the coffin an most seemed to think Ben but I cant see him leaving the island, I'm probably wrong but oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Finished it last night myself and agree with alot of what is being said in this thread but Ben being in the coffin... I dunno it seems TOO obvious, ya know?

Advertisement