Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Review: www.hiphop.ie

Options
  • 23-11-2007 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Website Review: www.hiphop.ie

Be honest, blunt, and even rude if you have to be , the site is very very new and we are working so hard now and in the future to get it right

Let us know what you think of it, anything we are not doing or offering that we could be let us know?

If you got a site and are interested in a banner trade also hit us up, we are getting over 7000 visits a month, but thats growing quickly monthly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

in Firefox

Homepage -right hand coloumn, three images, first and last are links, with an orange line underneath, hover function makes it go away, image/page shifts upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Change the Joomla favicon, and you should probably use friendly URLs!

Mixed feelings about it .. there's a lot going on on the homepage, but once you move around, it's nice a clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Thanks for the replys folks, good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'd try to reduce the amount of content on the main page. It's quite distracting. Which parts of the site are the most important?
    where do you want people to go next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Its too busy at the moment, and theres too much looping animation.

If you switch off the looping header graphic it makes it much easier to read the text.

Movements distracts the eye so your eye keeps getting pulled away from the content you are trying to read.

The layouts definitely on the right track - it just looks a bit busy at the moment.
    Peal it back a little - dont throw so much at the user at the first go.

Bits I do like are the navigation and black information bar. If you took more cues from them - less is more, your site will go a long way.

I think the main issue is there are so many big images down the left and in the center that it makes the page a bit overpowering...

Have you considered a non flash title banner - I like the logo - the rest of the flash looks poor quality - the images are over dithered (banding on the yellow for example).

Best of luck with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement