Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What size wheel nuts?

Options
  • 23-11-2007 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

What size wheel nuts does a year 2000 Daewoo Matiz have? The reason is I am buying a friend a torque wrench and want to make sure it will work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Wheel nuts (or studs) usually come in 3 sizes - 17, 19 or 21mm - try getting a multi-socket wheel brace to check.

I know there's a 4th size, 22mm, but I have yet to find a car with these size studs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

Thank you so much:D that is great the one I am getting seems to do two sizes so hopefully it will work
    This is it
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500000801&langId=-1&searchTerms=7013887

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

A torque wrench for wheel nuts? bit ott. You can buy extension bars with a double ended socket for around a tenner in most Diy shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

No no no no no! Not for that job at all. A torque wrench is for something completely different.

Go to your local motor factors and tell them what you're after. They'll sort you out with the correct tool, and should be under 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Lidl sold a wheel brace with an extendible handle that had a reversible socket for 17mm and 19mm wheel nuts recently. Can't remember how much it was, but it was less that a tenner and pretty heavy duty metal. It's the sort of thing you might still find lying around in-store a couple of weeks later, so it could be worth checking your local shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

Thanks for all the replies but I bought it today before I read your posts:( But I also bought an electric wrench kit it should do the job.

Advertisement