Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless network

• 23-11-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

HI
    I was just wondering if it is easy to set up a wireless network between two computers (To share files etc) both computers have wireless cards and are connected to a linkeys router. if so can someone tell me how to do this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

By the sound of what you're saying, you're 99% there. What you need to do is create shared folders that contain the information you want to share, make sure both PC's are members of the same workgroup and are using the same usernames and passwords. After that it should be as simple as clicking into my network places to se the shared folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

To clarify:

To set workgroup, right-click on My Computer and select properties. In the window that pops up, click on the Computer Name tab, then click the Change... button. Enter the same workgroup name for each PC, and reboot each PC.

To share folders, right-click on each folder you wish to share, and select Sharing and Security, then click the Share this Folder radio button, type a name for each folder, and click OK.

To find these folders, then, open up My Network Places, and you should see them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eyesontheprize

to throw a spanner in the works does the above work with a Macbook connecting to a Windows laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

My instructions do not apply to Macs, no. That will be a bit trickier. Quite a bit trickier, in fact. I'm not familiar with Mac O/S networking, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm also not fimular with mac's but if you goggle windows to mac file sharing or something like that you should find a guide.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ask in the mac forum and I am sure you will get plenty of advice but from what I have read it is much easier now than it used to be because of the way recent versions of OCx have been set up for networking.

Advertisement