Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tescos

• 23-11-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i wouldnt buy games quite alot But OMG Tesco is just Brill. A few weeks ago i got some new game which cost 70.00Euro in Gamestop. But now it seems Tesco are doing the same for games as they are doing on CDs. Everyone knows CD Album are 13.00euro in tesco compared to 18-22euro in golden discs, HMV etc... I got Assassins Creed which cost 55 and Smackdown vs Raw for 50Euro... Just dont see why anyone would pay 5-20euro more for a game in HMV, Gamestop(especially) Game etc.. M Rant Is Over :D:D:D GO TESCOS!!lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

NO Tesco I have ever been in sell 360 games! GO TESCO!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The one near me only seem to have a shelf full of Halo 3 though, they never seem to get anything else in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well im from Sligo and the one there is selling games at that rate. The tesco is Jervis Street is where i got Assassins Creed for 55 ..Delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah the one in Clairhall (Dublin) is fairly cool for cheap games and Tesco in general seem to every now and again, put games out a couple of days before release, which makes me feel special when I get them :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

they have a pretty awful selection, and i will to an extent support game retailers i'd rather give a game shop the extra tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I got COD 4 for 60 in Tesco, Castlebar. Not too bad really, great game.

They do it on new releases which is good enough.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

they also sell games like oblivion and condemned at extortionate prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Argos sells all new 360 games at 55.99, and ps3 games at 65.99

i think youll find miles ahead of hmv/gamestop and the same as tesco

argos in the uk are having a massive market war with tesco to become number one retailer, and thats spilling over into ireland.

So really these two are the best for prices, and both usually have the same prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Argos sells all new 360 games at 55.99, and ps3 games at 65.99

i think youll find miles ahead of hmv/gamestop and the same as tesco

argos in the uk are having a massive market war with tesco to become number one retailer, and thats spilling over into ireland.

So really these two are the best for prices, and both usually have the same prices
    argos's 360 games are €60 each

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Tesco in Paul Street, Cork sells Oblivion for the 360 for a shocking 70 euro.
    You can buy that on play.com for 25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah the one in Clairhall (Dublin) is fairly cool for cheap games

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I got COD4 for 57 euro in HMV, Assasins Creed for 55 euro in Harvey Normans....people just don't shop around, that is why the likes of gamestop, game etc are still able to operate....70 - 75 euro for a 360 game is a joke.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

They will sell the newest best games are almost cost as loss leaders. It also has the benefit of getting people chatting about how great and cheap Tesco is, which is exactly what they wany

Advertisement