Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polish man forgot he wasn't in Poland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

peasant wrote: »
    ahh...rubbish :rolleyes:

I've owned and driven both LHD and RHD vehicles on these roads, both have their particular advantages and disadvantages ...but by no means is one more dangerous than the other.

If you drive accordingly, that is.

Just as a matter of interest, what's the advantage of driving a LHD over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

When you park at the side of the road you step straight onto the path!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

When your in the right hand lane on a motorway, and some fool is doing 100kmh hogging the right hand lane in front of you and you have had enough and decide you have to undertake him sine they are not moving... it makes it much easier to see if your path in the left hand lane is clear, or if there is a truck up ahead :D

The passenger has to pay everytime you go to McDonalds drivethru.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, fair enough, but i don't think it' enough to persuade me to get one... ;)

DonJose, do you not make them pay anyway? I mean, you are driving after all, it;s the least they can do!

• Advertisement

Right, fair enough, but i don't think it' enough to persuade me to get one... ;)

Do you ever see LHD's at the toll or in a pay garage, if they are alone they are fukked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Obviously the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. For instance, any from of booth, be it toll or drive through requires you get out of your car, have a passenger or just reverse through :D

Sucks for overtaking. Saw a left hand drive the other day and the girl could not see past the truck in front of her, she swerved over to the left then to see if she could see that way. I just had to overtake both of them as there was no way she was going to overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

On narrow roads (of which there are many) it is much easier to drive as far left as you can with a LHD.
    On bad roads it's easier to spot the potholes (which usually are nearer to the edge than the middle)
    In town traffic it's easier to keep an eye on pedestrians/cyclist.

As for overtaking ...you'd be surprised at how much you can see peering past the traffic before you on the left instead of on the right ...just keep that bit more distance and overtaking is no drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

DonJose wrote: »
    Do you ever see LHD's at the toll or in a pay garage, if they are alone they are fukked.
    naa ...just takes that bit longer, that's all

Advertisement