Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Hokey in Dublin.

Options
  • 23-11-2007 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Are there any rinks except that place in Dundalk (looking for one near Dublin)?....Dundalk is too far away for me to go to regularly.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ice Hokey Pokey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Apparently there is an ice rink in liffey valled from Saturday? But i know nothing about it other than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sandwich117

Thanks.
    ...I was looking for something permanent not seasonal though, and it looks like the one in dundalk is the closest one to me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Well if it is get the Matthews Coach and get off outside DKIT. Takes about an hour, im only off it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭smilingeyerish

no OP there are no permanent one just the seasonal ones, there used to be one in dophins barn years ago but it closed down. pity there are none really....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sandwich117

Thanks everyone!

..It's to inconvenient for me, so I guess I'll have to do something else. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

Thanks everyone!

..It's to inconvenient for me, so I guess I'll have to do something else. lol

Hopefully there will be more rinks soon. The IIHA has planned at least 6 and Dundalk was the first. Hopefully things will get moving really soon. Ice Hockey has come on really far in the the past 12 months. Team Ireland has been promoted from div 3 to div 2 and we now have the first All-Ireland Ice Hockey league which features teams from both sides on the border and foreign nationals.

Dundalk is a great venue and everyone should make the effort to check it out and support their local team, after all Dublin and Kilkenny already have teams representing them even though all the teams are based out of the Ice Dome for now.

I'm from Portadown which is half way between Belfast and Dundalk so either Dundalk and Dundonald are a bit of a track and can take around 90 min travelling but it's worth it.

I hope more Dubliners decide to support the Dublin Rams especially as they are the surprise package this year and look to be the only team that can challenge the home town team BULLS team. And the more people that support them the more of a case it is for a Local Dublin Rink. Also email Irish Rail for a later train to the last train out of Dundalk at around 9pm is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Guys from Dublin the Air coach stops outside the IceDome on the way to Belfast :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement