Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should cannibas be legalised????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Drug's for recreational use have not always been illegal. In the good old USA opiates were only banned in the mid sixties. Through out history drugs of all descriptions have been widely used,even Egyptian Kings and Queen's got stoned. The yank's only banned them cause the Mafia got involved.During prohibition in the 1920s drug use soared. Everything in moderation though. Current policy on drug use aint working. One can still buy heroin and cocaine but not hash or grass. The reason being there is more money in class A for the dealer's. As a smoker of the odd toke I aint gonna go mental if they legalise it. But something need's to be done. I know of people who were quite happy to smoke the odd spliff but have now moved on to charles cause there aint no smoke to be had. So something is wrong.The bleeding hearts who are happy to quaff down spirits and pints and then tell me that Drugs are a scurge in society have kinda mised the whole point. They are quite happy to use the most widely abused drug (alcohol) which has and will continue to be the a huge source of revenue for the goverment and then dictate what the rest of society should do. Id sooner sit at home and have a smoke than take my chances in a pub or club where most anti social behaviour begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

cock robin wrote: »
    . Id sooner sit at home and have a smoke than take my chances in a pub or club where most anti social behaviour begins.

Thats because your to paranoid to go out in the sunlight, give up the smoke and join the human race dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Believe it or not on a global scale the fight for legalization is starting to win.

*Decriminalised in Holland, coffee shops , medical use.
    *Decriminalised in Czech Rebuplic as of now, it is legal to grow up to 3 plants for personal recreational use.
    *Decriminalised in Spain, you can grow on your own property for your own use.
    *Medical use in America, 4 states with legal medical use the head of which being California and since it's success they are pushing for more.
    *Belgium , Portugal, France are all becoming pretty loose on it as well.

The Irish government being a blind granny state just doesn't want to reconise this, it's like the add's on the radio telling you binge drinking is bad, and drink sensible etc etc then the next add is about "A fantastic irish pub" telling you to go get hammered and get laid etc and oh what wonders...hypacrits the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Believe it or not on a global scale the fight for legalization is starting to win.

*Decriminalised in Czech Rebuplic as of now, it is legal to grow up to 3 plants for personal recreational use.
    *Medical use in America, 4 states with legal medical use the head of which being California and since it's success they are pushing for more.
    Hasn't it been re-classified as class 'C' in Britain, effectively decriminalising it?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

It dosn't matter if its dangerous or not no government in Ireland is going to legalise it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Gurgle wrote: »
    Hasn't it been re-classified as class 'C' in Britain, effectively decriminalising it?

It had been up until the end of last month when Brown's government decided to go against the advice of a panel of health professionals, tasked with advising the governement on matters like this and to put it back on the category B list...one step forward and two steps back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

every drug should be legalised, i should be able to put whatever i want into my own body

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

eoin2nc wrote: »
    It dosn't matter if its dangerous or not no government in Ireland is going to legalise it anyway

The current dangers of contaminated herbal cannabis (most resin has always been contaminated) is even more reason for relegalisation, just like contaminated alcohol was one of the reasons alcohol was relegalised in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_-Hf0NXMNU

Add Germany, Switzerland & Canada to that list too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 closetrasta

Im all for legalising it, im only 24 but i have been smoking for a while now, i never smoked on street corners as a kid and being a dick etc... Ive always only done it in privacy and i never take the piss with it...

What would we do about all the dicks that do do the above though??? You still see it in adults, the Dutch are fine coz they have grown up with it like that... i think this would be my only issue with it...

LEGALISE WEED
    KEEP THE HASH (99% CAR TIRE AND 1% GANJ) LOCKED UP!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 closetrasta

Earth Calling
    Pilot to co-pilot
    Looking for life on this planet sir no sign of it!!!
    All i can see is a buncha smoke blind
    And im so i high that i might die if i go by it...
    Let me out of this place im outta place
    im in outta space i just vanished without a trace...
    im going to a pritty place now where the flowers grow...
    I'll be back in an hour or so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Just thought I'd post it for anyone looking for some definitive facts on marijuanas effects from a reliable (and undeniable;)) source.

Report of the Institute of Medicine for the Office of National Drug Control Policy (U.S.)

Edit,
    Didn't realise how old this was, sorry for the necro-post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Thanks for the link.

I just had a skim through it, this stood out to me the most:
    except for the harm associated with smoking, the adverse effects of marijuana use are within the range tolerated for other medications

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

synthetic canabinoids are the way forward.

I've heard some good stuff about this one CP 55,940.

Legalise all drugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

In a limited way in a controlled manner perhaps.

I have a lot of physical pain from surgeries. And the increasingly rare times there is some about I find a small one really helps me sleep and decreases the pain. I only touch it really for this reason, but it is a bit of fun. Drinking is NOT for me at all.

It's a pity i can't get some limited access because actual painkillers are insanely addictive!!

R

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I think weed smoking might actually decrease if legalised. A lot of people really just prefer drinking and going out. Especially women. If you took away the attractiveness of it being illegal a lot wouln't be bothered

Though legalising coke would more than likely have the opposite effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Though legalising coke would more than likely have the opposite effect.

Don't think so, with proper un-biased information about drugs most people will take all their drugs orally (as the chances of addiction are WAY lower this way).

Right now, drugs aren't safe enough to take orally.If they were legal they would be.

Cocaine is not suitable for oral use so i'd say it's usage would actually drop after a while.

There'll probably be more people orally taking methylphenidate/amphetamine but it'll be worth it because the amount of people snorting/inhaling/injecting speed /coke would drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Couldn't care less to be honest. If they want to smoke it, I'm not going to stop them. Can't say I've ever met a stoner who was aggressive. Can't say the same about alcohol. Stoners aren't a danger to society, nor are they a danger to themselves. I say live and let live, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

Dealers wouldn't care, they'd just sell sniff and whatever else is illegal to fund their lifestyles by selling hardcore **** like the yanks do.

So, if cannabis where to be legalized the drug dealers would loose a market and create a much grimmer new one resulting in a new society of meth-skanky-ass hoe's and crack heads in Eire.

I would like to see it legal, but for it to happen, much stricter jail time sentences would have to be given to class A drug dealers,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

could just stop trying to regulate adults' behaviour and let them live their lives as they choose.

crazy idea, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm addicted to a regulated, orally administered, legal drug (Not tobacco or alcohol or nicotine or any of your pedantic arguement drugs).
    Yiz are all talking bollox.
    The majority of drugs **** you up, regardless of what a website says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Terry wrote: »

And the correct use of a lot of drugs make many people`s lives waaaay more fun, enhanced,and interesting too.

It didn`t work out for you, too bad! Move on.

well that's up to you to sort out terry, you started taking them and you have to deal with them.
    it's not up to the government to save you from yourself.

I'm addicted to a drug.
    Yiz are all talking bollox.

Sounds like the majority of legal drugs ****ed you up. you is the same as the crackheads, hell you could be a crackhead for all i don't give a flying ****. You see, us stoners aint addicted or depend on some **** that get's you through the day. We chillin and killin dog.
    could just stop trying to regulate adults' behaviour and let them live their lives as they choose.

crazy idea, I know.

ATM the law sees cannabis to be as damaging to society as class A because it's just focused on the 'drugs epidemic'.

Take this fella for example, what he needs to do(and at this present time all he can do)is take the traffic corps off the street and send them out into the Atlantic in rubber dinghy's.

Ireland's Achilles heel, the coastline. I reckon ou'l Willie should let the yank naval military train and exercise of the wesht coast, shure would help....there'd be bit's of ****ty little boats gettin blown to bit's everywhere LOL>stoned fish's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Irishcrx wrote: »

The Irish government being a blind granny state just doesn't want to reconise this, it's like the add's on the radio telling you binge drinking is bad, and drink sensible etc etc then the next add is about "A fantastic irish pub" telling you to go get hammered and get laid etc and oh what wonders...hypacrits the lot of them.

lol.

Fair play to these governments. The Irish government wont do it because, again, there is no incentive to do so. The biggest source of Irish cannabis, Morocco, will be decimated within a few years. Leaving the rest of the cannabis

a- So sh1te it wont be bought i.e. the vast majority of weed available here

or

b- From so far away the cost will be ridiciliously high

Why legalise a trade that is commiting slow suicide as it is?

And btw what is up with the anti drink tirade. Show me a smoker who doesnt like a few jars and Ill show you a green monkey.

Shulgin wrote: »
    And the correct use of a lot of drugs make many people`s lives waaaay more fun, enhanced,and interesting too.

It didn`t work out for you, too bad! Move on.
    I find it sad that people need drugs to make their lives more fun, enhanced and interesting.
    How dull is your life that you need to take illegal drugs to make it better?

well that's up to you to sort out terry, you started taking them and you have to deal with them.
    it's not up to the government to save you from yourself.
    I'm well aware of my problem and am not asking for help from the government.

CSU wrote: »
    Sounds like the majority of legal drugs ****ed you up. you is the same as the crackheads, hell you could be a crackhead for all i don't give a flying ****. You see, us stoners aint addicted or depend on some **** that get's you through the day. We chillin and killin dog.
    Word to your momma.

I find it sad that people need god to make their lives seem more interesting and complete, I find it equally sad that people need football, sex, coca cola, humour, anger and fear.

we really are pieces of ****.

I find it sad that people need god to make their lives seem more interesting and complete, I find it equally sad that people need football, sex, coca cola, humour, anger and fear.

we really are pieces of ****.
    Anger and fear are natural reactions.
    Coca cola and humour are neccessary to human and meramid survival.

The rest are pointless.

Word to your momma.
    Sorry for calling you a crackhead.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Most people who buy alcohol use it once or twice a week.

How many cannabis buyers leave it in their drawer to only be taken out at the weekend?

• Advertisement

the vast majority of cannabis buyers who are not stoners. If everyone who smoked weed was a stoner, our GDP wouldn't be half of what it is atm.

Advertisement