Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good PVE server?

Options
  • 23-11-2007 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hi guys, I've started playing again with my alt Druid.. I'd like to switch to a PVE server cos I can't be arsed with world PVP/ganking as a Moonkin. :) What's a good server to switch to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

moonglade is good, lots of rp fags though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

another gone to the darkside :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hmm, I'm not really interested in RP.. just want to level/mess around with my Moonkin alt without every level 70 that passes by kicking my ass for fun. :) Are there any PVE servers with decent Irish guilds?

Why does everyone want an irish guild? More fun playing with people from all over the place

The one I'm on is sha'tar - not big into rp but it's there for anyone who wants it.
    I enjoy it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

It's a language thing mainly.. I've been in a swedish guild for 3 years now - great lads and they make an effort to speak english in raids but I do miss out on most of the jokes and craic still. :)

• Advertisement

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    It's a language thing mainly.. I've been in a swedish guild for 3 years now - great lads and they make an effort to speak english in raids but I do miss out on most of the jokes and craic still. :)

Just join an english speaking guild then?
    People in my guild are from sweden, belgium, middle east, UK and there's no language problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mawg

Moonglade - seconded. Great server, but then again, I'm an RP fag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't go to Kilrogg, it's dying a slow death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Can't really give many suggestions without knowing what you're looking for in a PVE server, Are you looking for a server with a lot of raid progress or a newish server so you can do plenty of instances as you level. What level is your alt? Only speaking from personal experience but Anachronos is a good choice if you're not overly obsessed with end game progress.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Just join an english speaking guild then?
    People in my guild are from sweden, belgium, middle east, UK and there's no language problem

It's easier to relate to someone from Ireland because you have more in common with them than someone from say Germany or Sweden, trying to thread lightly here but things like sense of humor can be different with people from different country's. Not saying that getting to know people from different countries isn't great but sometimes its also nice to be in a guild with a few people from closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I'm on Moonglade for about 9 months, and going about my business only 2 people have ever RPed in my direction. It's there if you enjoy it but can be easily avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

EL_Loco wrote: »
    I'm on Moonglade for about 9 months, and going about my business only 2 people have ever RPed in my direction. It's there if you enjoy it but can be easily avoided.

Sorry completely OT but I love how you described it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive my 70 hunter on kilrogg and mid level pala and i agree with Kirby its dying a slow death.
    I can never find pugs for 5 man normal or heroics with my hunter,maybe its because Kilrogg alliance has a huge amount of hunters.

Im levelling my priest on pvp realm but really dislike pvp realms after 3 years or so of playing so im thinking of transferring to a pve realm with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Moonglade for everyone, Huzzah!

(and thanks smellslikeshoes) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Somewhat unrelated but since it was mentioned in this thread....

If you get stuck for fun let me know - the guild I'm a part of on Emeriss can be persuaded to hire a retribution paladin for raiding :) Irish GM, Irish Treasurer, Irish RL and sundry Irish members, along with a bunch of UK/Danish/Dutch/Swede/Norwegian/Finn's in the guild. Currently Lurker/Hydross down in SSC and VR down in TK with some Al'ar attempts.

Completely other question - Al'ar: seems harder then Solarian so should we be mushing him first?

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive my 70 hunter on kilrogg and mid level pala and i agree with Kirby its dying a slow death.
    If you're stuck for a tank for heroics, feel free to give me a shout. What level's your paladin? I'm lvling my priest on Kilrogg at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    I can never find pugs for 5 man normal or heroics with my hunter,maybe its because Kilrogg alliance has a huge amount of hunters.
    :(

The stupid recommender thingy put me on Kilrogg, and being a lowbie (34 nelf druid and 18 Draenei priest) it's incredibly boring. I'm constantly left wondering where they hell is everybody. There's nothing quite as disheartening as doing a /who and discovering you are the only person in a zone.

Kilrogg was a lot better when it was in its infancy, but the migration last year and a slow seepage of high-end players away to other servers has pretty much killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Sounds a lot worse than Aerie Peak.

Luckily a few bursts of progression saved our server, and we started seeing transfers coming in.

Well at this stage the economy is starting to go south now (Alliance AH is painful now, and often short or overpriced on raiding consumables - wasn't able to get a single Nightmare Seed or Ironshield Potion last night before MT'ing our raid, and considered myself lucky to get 2 destruction potions), and from what I've heard quite a decent chunk of the top alliance guild have just transferred to Draenor. Honestly, if it doesn't pick up soon I may consider transferring my paladin and priest, probably to Stormrage or Moonglade. Would feel really weird to leave the server I've called home for a year and a half though.

Lakirby - the offer is still good if you have decent tanking equipment on your pally and that you would be available to raid 3-4 evenings a week, putting in the time to learn the encounters and tanking strategies for them. If you are, I'll just switch to Ret on my own pally to rock da raid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Does moonglade or any of the other ones on this thread have any decent levelling guilds? It would be nice to actually be able to do an instance for once...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Well at this stage the economy is starting to go south now (Alliance AH is painful now, and often short or overpriced on raiding consumables - wasn't able to get a single Nightmare Seed or Ironshield Potion last night before MT'ing our raid, and considered myself lucky to get 2 destruction potions), and from what I've heard quite a decent chunk of the top alliance guild have just transferred to Draenor. Honestly, if it doesn't pick up soon I may consider transferring my paladin and priest, probably to Stormrage or Moonglade. Would feel really weird to leave the server I've called home for a year and a half though.

Allies are spoiled. ;)

We never had the opportunity of picking up raid mats quickly. :P

Evac101 wrote: »
    Lakirby - the offer is still good if you have decent tanking equipment on your pally and that you would be available to raid 3-4 evenings a week, putting in the time to learn the encounters and tanking strategies for them. If you are, I'll just switch to Ret on my own pally to rock da raid :)

I can't transfer to a PvP server as Kilrogg is PvE. :mad:

I can't transfer to a PvP server as Kilrogg is PvE. :mad:

Time to level a Dreanai pally alt on Emeriss right quick then init? :P

Oddly enough - I made a male draenei paladin alt last night... on Emeriss oO

I'll be on over the weekend quite a bit and I'll happily throw you some seed gold, a guild invite and (time available) provide some help if you want mate - contact me on Gadaí/Pharmacy/Fionn/Herne. Frequently I'll be dual boxing so if one char seems to be terribly rude try one of the others ;)

My pally there is named Kalashe btw :)

evac what guiild are you in on emeris, in requiem on horde side myself!
    Downed illidan on 27th there :D

Congrats on that kill - look forward to seeing him at some point I hope :)

I'm one of the main raid leaders for Inquisition Sunzz - started visiting SSC 3 weeks ago - hrm - why didn't we go there before this? ^^ Lurker + Hydross down.

Btw - is it my imagination or is Solarian very easy compared to Alar? Still haven't dented the birdie badly but went to Solarian last night for the first time after a VR run and got her down to 33% before respawns started eating us.

• Advertisement

yup it's an easier fight in my mind also.

Im focusing on pvp now tho, as I've pretty much done the all you can do in the pve side of things till the new expansion comes out, at which time I will probs just go and get Warhammer online!

Advertisement