Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry Information

• 23-11-2007 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am trying to find out who owns a plot of land. Is this possible over the internet? If so is there a cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I'd say it definitely can't be done over the internet anyway, hell you can't even pay parking tickets online because they're not on the site even though they claim to be. There would be a charge involved, and probably a long delay and bit of bureaucracy. Head down to Land Registry, see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tonyagrey

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I'd say it definitely can't be done over the internet anyway, hell you can't even pay parking tickets online because they're not on the site even though they claim to be. There would be a charge involved, and probably a long delay and bit of bureaucracy. Head down to Land Registry, see what they say.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭No Bills

I think you probably could get the information online through the Land Registry's landdirect.ie service: http://www.landregistry.ie/index.asp?locID=158&docID=-1 However, you need to set up an account. Therefore, it's probably not worthwhile for a once-off search. I guess this is for business users.

The FAQs on the Land Registry site http://www.landregistry.ie/index.asp?locID=12&docID=316 will help you. The charges seem to be minimal for individual personal requests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

just call into the land reg...open from 10.30 to 4.30..once you can point it out on the map...it'll only cost about 5 yo yos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

I had to do this a while back.You should know that not all properties and land is registered in the Land Registry.People sometimes don't register the property they receive in wills etc. If this is the case then you will need to go to the Registry of Deeds in Dublin (The Kings Inn,Henrietta St off Bolton St.).It's not expensive I spent about 20 Euro for several searches and I got quite a bit of assistence.

You could also try ringing the local authority(County or City council).They will tell you who owns a house or plot of land.It is public information and to my surprise it did not come under the data protection act.They are also not allowed disclose your inquiry to any member of the public.

• Advertisement
Advertisement