Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb's new network role-out in 2008, ATTN Watty

Options
  • 23-11-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I was speaking to a Digiweb guy a few days ago, and he informed me they were rolling out a new network next year using Cambridge gear which is going to be a step up & better than the metro service. Have you any info on this Watty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I doubt its something he could go into onto a public forum if he knows anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I doubt its something he could go into onto a public forum if he knows anything about it.

Not at all...one of their own guys told me it must not be top secret in that case....just some info no one heard about yet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

@ bigpaddy2004
    I'd suspect your contact does not know the difference between Metro & Cambridge.

I don't think there is any specifically "New" Network roll-out in 2008, just the usual very busy extending roll-out of existing networks.

I'd think it is unlikely the Cambridge gear is a Metro replacement. Metro roll out is continuing and likely to continue as fast as Digiweb can install it and get the gear. Digiweb doesn't do big fancy TV ads like O2 for iPhone (only 27k sold in UK) which needs advertised as why spend money advertising when demand already near 100% capacity to rollout?

Digiweb has various business solutions that are not widely publicised. Wireless and fibre alternatives to Leased Line, SDSL etc.

From
    http://www.digiweb.ie/business/solutions/
    DATA
    We provide internet connectivity over a wide range of platforms including Fibre, Wireless, Satellite, DSL and Wi-Fi. We can also tailor specific packages such as private circuits and IP / MPLS networks, contact us and find out.
    • WAN & LAN Solutions
    • VPN
    • Private Circuits
    • Wireless & Wi-Fi Solutions
    • Internet Connectivity
    • Fibre Based Services
    • Satellite & Microwave
    • DSL
    • IP & MPLS Networks
    The Cambridge gear would likely be in this category. It's not of huge significance as whatever is best value and best meets the customer needs is likely to be deployed. A custom business customer would be getting a data solution, not a particular "cast in stone" brand/product/technology like the ordinary home and buisness Internet Broadband.

If you need something different to DSL, Metro, 2-way Satellite, Wireless or Digiweb Mobile, possibly with something different to simple Internet access on it then you would contact the Business Solutions Group.

I'd probabily only know if someone wanted to spend lots on something that doesn't exist. I'm not involved at all normally with Sales, Network roll-outs, Data centres or Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Great ad for Digiweb there Watty.
    The first sentence probably answered his question.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

How did I know it was gonna be a long answer:D
    I was just curious as to what he was talking about, you have cleared that one up, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Great ad for Digiweb there Watty.
    The first sentence probably answered his question.:p
    Well I do so much helping of NTL/ IBB/3/O2 customers I have to occasionally explain what Digiweb does or I might not get to post at all.

He did ask :D

None of it is much relevance to the "ordinary" poster here either.

Advertisement