Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims2 & All the expansion packs

Options
  • 23-11-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I didn't know how to put a poll in, but I am totally addicted to all things sims!!! I had a played all the sims1 and expansion packs and now have all the new sims2 and expansion packs. I totally love those games!!! Anyone else a fan???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I enjoy it for what it is but always find myself wishing there was more to it, I find it frustrating not being able to control everybody. I would like to see a sims game that had you control just one character with more depth and more freedom, but thats not really a sims game its more of an RPG.

An awful lot of the elements that I feel are missing are coming to spore so I'm looking forward to that game, have you heard of it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Sims 1/2 were good games...for about a day. I really enjoyed it when i first played it, but then it got a bit boring for me. Nothing ever really changed, and there wasnt enough to do (imo). Then the expansion was released. Did i say expansion? Sorry, i meant all 24 expansions for both games. It got rediculous a long time ago, yet people still pay money for them, so we've only ourselves to blame.

Never has there been a cow as thoroughly milked as this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

tba wrote: »
    I enjoy it for what it is but always find myself wishing there was more to it, I find it frustrating not being able to control everybody. I would like to see a sims game that had you control just one character with more depth and more freedom, but thats not really a sims game its more of an RPG.

An awful lot of the elements that I feel are missing are coming to spore so I'm looking forward to that game, have you heard of it?

I also feel the same, wish it had a little more depth to it. I mean they did a good job making the game seem realistic, but I agree it needs to be more single player. I mean if you have a family you have to run everyone in the house pretty much or everything drains on them until they are practically peeing their pants or stinky or what have you. Just wished for a bit more out of the Sims2. Maybe 3 will be better!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

There's lots of cheats that make the game extra fun and allow you to fill their needs. Eg, one to make men have babies and to give them lots of money.
    First press ctrl shift and c at the same time to bring up the cheat window.
    Type in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, the way I have, with the spaces.
    Then press shift whilst clicking on the chosen sim. Go into the menu titled Spawn, click on "tombstone of l and d". Now click on the tombstone, select "make me pregnant" and chose sim you want to make him pregnant with. Go back to tombstone and click speed up pregnancy, within minutes he'll have a baby.
    For money bring up the cheat window as before, type in motherlode.
    To come out of cheat window just type exit.
    To max their motives so they don't feel tired etc, bring up cheat window, type boolprop as above then save your game and exit to the main neighbourhood. Go back into your family. When it's loaded click on the mood bars and drag across and everything's filled.
    Lots of different things you can do now by pressing shift whilst clicking on your sim or even shift and mailbox.:D
    You can even have robot servants!
    I think Seasons is the best expansion pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I'm addicted! Loving the bon voyage expansion pack, its the best so far. Can't wait for the new one free time, should be cool. My favourite thing is building and decorating the houses. I love downloading all the user created furniture and decoritive stuff from sites such as mod the sims 2 and the sims resource, even bought a subscription for resource. Boolprop is the best cheat ever and makes the game more interesting I don't even play it normally anymore:D.

I prefer sim city 4 though its more creative, fun and more of a challenge imo I love trying to get the citys to support and coordinate with each other and making the transport networks work well. God I really want to play it right now , but I can't get it to work on my new laptop. Stupid vista! :( I borrowed sim city societys from someone the other day, wasent a bit impressed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement