Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a length of wire.

Options
  • 23-11-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Sorry mods, may not be the best place, move as you see fit.

I need to run a cable from a router at one side of the building to the other side. WIRELESS IS NOT AN OPTION. A simple question, where in dublin or even west dublin can give me a ethernet cable at least 100 feet long with the relevant plug at each end (router into PC). Even someone with a roll of cable who can sell/give it with plugs attached. Anyone here ???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Maplin I think will cut to any lenght!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Never even thought of them. I dont suppose anyone on boards installs and has a reel of cable in the back of the van......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ok, I need to run a cable about 35m from a router to a pc. Wireless and electric lines not suitable. I went into Maplins as someone on the boards suggested and asked for 40m to be on the safe side. They wanted 60 euro. Fair enough says me. Any chance you can put the plug on each end? Sorry you have to buy the plugs in 10s at €4. Then you have to buy the crimping tool at 25 euro just to put the plugs on.

No way pal. Went to Digital Media Direct in Tallaght. 40m of cable and they will crimp the plugs on each end. Cost €30 euro.

Digital Media Direct - behind Dominics shopping centre in Tallaght.

Remember them.

Jeff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hi Jeff

40m of cable is not a lot. The best option for you is to have two sockets on either end. It may seem over kill but I have a NO CRIMPING policy in my comany! Even though you only need 2 pairs you crimp all four. Im not in Dublin but Im sure if you were stuck I could help you out. email me directly if you have no joy in the big smoke. info@fusionnetworks.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

all cables in cork street are good if you need a special cable made up probably over kill in this case

wasn't there someone on adverts.ie doing cables ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

adverts.ie/12404

Advertisement