Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strand Housing Advice apriciated

Options
  • 23-11-2007 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hey im a student in the cllege in strand road and im from donegal and im thinkin about moving down to derry now there is a place on strand road its beside centra , kfc , and the big toy store . And im just lookin for some info on the place i hope u know which one im talkin about i dont think there is a name on it but im just lookin for past experiances and things ya know any info is apriciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

your talking about shac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭kieranmcg1

yea man thats the place . have u had any past experiances there? thanks for the site i was lookin for it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I haven't heard great things about Rock Mills but the people at SHAC are great so I'm sure if you did have any problems they'd help you.

Friends of mine who lived there who said it was noisy and the rooms were a bit pokey. But it is dead cheap too!

yea i have beengetin mixed reviews about it . its gona cost us 50 a week but we get benifits so we get it for free and i know this for a fact but im stil wonderin about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I know a guy who was in Rock Mills until recently. It was very noisy at night and the storage heaters are crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

SHAC down own another couple of places too but I think they fill up quick because they're...well....much nicer than Rock Mills. IIR the place up behind Long's where the Platinum Gym is belongs to them, I knew a girl who lived there a couple of years ago and she liked it.

The SHAC website isn't fantastic for Derry, but if you ring them they'll talk you through what they have available. Also a lot of people drop out of college over Xmas so availability might improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The places at Rock Mills are pretty small. I had a few friends who lived there.
    If you're going to get benefits to cover £50 a week, depending on how many of you there are (you said it's going to cost 'us'), you could probably get covered for a small 2 bedroom flat, or share a multi-bedroomed house somewhere nearby.

thanks for the feed back guys . well yea there is gona be 3 of us one of 17 (moi) one of 18 one of 21 r so . but we were told ppl under 19 get the benifits so only one person has to pay but i left in the application so im hoping to get word back soon . thanks for everything guys

Advertisement