Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i have blonde hair ever?

• 23-11-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭

I have dyed black hair and would love to have blonde hair, just want to know has anyone done this or have any advise? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's your original colour? Did you ask a barber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

My natural hair color is light brown and i'm female so won't be going to a barber
    :D I'll be going to a hair salon on Monday to ask. I just said i would post here to find out has anyone went from black to blonde etc Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I'm sure it could be done, they'd have to strip your black dyed colour probably and then dye it blonde...fairly sure it wouldn't be that much of a problem though, might take a while.....bit drastic going from black to blonde, hope it turns out well for ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I'd advise letting the black grow out first, if they have to srtrip it your hair is gonna be wicked damaged, member Xtina and her poodle phase? christina_aguilera.jpg
    that was the result of having all the colour stripped from her hair.

I die my hair all the time, from black to hot pink, not really sure what my natural hair colour is at this stage but it used to be light brown/blonde, but now it's sorta darker brown.

When you die your hair, the peroxide strips the natural chemical that makes your hair light so when the clour grows out your hair will be a shade or two darker. Chemical removal however strips all the colour from your hair, afaik, hence the serious straw colour and frizz and what not.

So def let the colour grow out first, I know it's a pain in the ass but if you get regular trims this encourages new growth so it'll grow a bit faster! Then when it's gone you can decide on whether you're gonna do it yourself or get it done but with any luck it should work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Thanks for the help. I'll post in and let ye know if it can be done :D

Nicola.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Le Rack wrote: »
    I'd advise letting the black grow out first, if they have to srtrip it your hair is gonna be wicked damaged, member Xtina and her poodle phase? christina_aguilera.jpg
    that was the result of having all the colour stripped from her hair.

Uh no, that was the result of her wearing a wig, how many bottle blondes do you see with hair like that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

i said that was from the chemical stripping of her hair, not the bleaching.

Advertisement