Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 catch up....

• 23-11-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

months later... 3 finally get the n95 (from €349 on bill and €599 3pay) when most people who want it already have it,, would i be right and thinking that?

i taught there hold concept was to be the leader in bringing to new phones and services,, the only thing they seem to have going for them at the mo is the skypephone. haven't tried it yet, prob give it a go this week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

you should wait to see if it is any good 1st as there are a lot of glitches with the current one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    you should wait to see if it is any good 1st as there are a lot of glitches with the current one

u mean the skypephone or the n95?

skype phone and check before buying the N95 that they have the latest software available as three are not great for haveny up-to-date software in their phones!

skype phone and check before buying the N95 that they have the latest software available as three are not great for haveny up-to-date software in their phones!

i already have the n95, if i had waited a few months would have got it €250 cheaper with as my upgrade :(

i sent it in for repair today, wonder will they put the 3 settings on it. it was a unbranded one but i said i was on 3

they probably wont repair it if it is not a three phone(bought from them) they might tell you to send it back to nokia.

• Advertisement

they probably wont repair it if it is not a three phone(bought from them) they might tell you to send it back to nokia.

ye sorry i did send it to a nokia repair centre, nothing to do with 3 at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

davton wrote: »
    months later... 3 finally get the n95 (from €349 on bill and €599 3pay) when most people who want it already have it,, would i be right and thinking that?

i taught there hold concept was to be the leader in bringing to new phones and services,, the only thing they seem to have going for them at the mo is the skypephone. haven't tried it yet, prob give it a go this week

Yeah. Three sweden have the n95 8gb. www.tre.se

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

i already have the n95, if i had waited a few months would have got it €250 cheaper with as my upgrade :(

i sent it in for repair today, wonder will they put the 3 settings on it. it was a unbranded one but i said i was on 3

Why? Do you prefer locked phones?

culabula wrote: »
    Why? Do you prefer locked phones?

no of course not, but a lot of stuff is very glichy with the n95 on 3 i find. the msn, watching tv, rte news, skype etc

no of course not, but a lot of stuff is very glichy with the n95 on 3 i find. the msn, watching tv, rte news, skype etc

That's the case anyway! An unbranded, unlocked phone is infinitely preferable.

It was the N95's firmware update that introduced problems with watching RTÉ, not the broadcaster nor 3. Messenger is the luck of the draw at the best of times. Skype usually works very well (for me) on 3 IRL and 3 UK but 3's ongoing mBB problems tend to cause plenty of hiccups from time to time. However I am using an unbranded N95 with 3 IRL and 3 UK, most things work well most of the time and nothing warrants putting 3 software on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

whats the internet like on the n95 on 3? any java problems, is it ina any way fast??

portomar wrote: »
    whats the internet like on the n95 on 3? any java problems, is it ina any way fast??

It's fast and is quite clever in the way that it is implemeted; you can use the default browser or install others such as Opera/Opera mini, however once you use safari on the iPod Touch everything else seems quite neanderthal.

but can you connect the ipod touch to 3?? or any network??

but can you connect the ipod touch to 3?? or any network??

Yes, you can, by sharing your connection.

But the real point I was making is that since the the Touch is to all intents and purposes an iPhone with no phone, I am saying that the experience on Safari is far superior to that experienced on all other phones, a joy to use, whther used over wifi or connected to a network.

Yes, you can, by sharing your connection. QUOTE]

how would you do that? im basically trying to find the best way of using internet on a mobile phone, 3 seem to have the best network for it. is o2 any good? n95 seems to be the best way to do it ive found

Yes, you can, by sharing your connection. QUOTE]

how would you do that? im basically trying to find the best way of using internet on a mobile phone, 3 seem to have the best network for it. is o2 any good? n95 seems to be the best way to do it ive found

3 is currently the best in terms of its offering/price. X-series in theory is great value and a great service. However, in reality 3's broadband is frequently to be found wanting.

O2 is terrible for data at the moment but according to another thread they are now offering a new add-on for your voice account giving you 10GB of traffic a month for 30€. One to watch, methinks.

Advertisement