Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low profile, Passive Cooled Card options

Options
  • 23-11-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you folks have come across and decent low profile graphics cards with passive cooling.

Ive googled, froogled and searched ebay, but i havn't found anything I like yet. I'm in the US so somthing over this way is a bonus...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I was going to suggest the 8500GT, you could also look at the cheaper 8400GS or HD2400XT or 2400Pro. You can get 8600GT low profile but it's a tough one to find and isn't passively cooled, though it's supposed to be very quiet.

there are lots of difference makes of the cards, those are just an example....also the Ati ones should run cooler at stock and the sapphire 2400XT cards come with a dvi-hdmi adaptor which is handy (not sure about the Pro, would have to check).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

thanks folks, ill take a gander at those.

I take it the 8500GT hammers the 6800Gt of old?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I would not take that as a given at all no. Infact I would think it would be very close, possibly the 6800GT even edging it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thanks folks, ill take a gander at those.

I take it the 8500GT hammers the 6800Gt of old?

Actually no it's worse, closer to the 6600GT/7600GS side of things. Not a good card for the gaming side of things, in fact, you could argue it's pretty much a worthless card, as given that it's not good for gaming, and everything it's good for in a non-gaming sense the 8400GS can do for less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement