Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could only watch 1 more match what would it be?

• 24-11-2007 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

The world is ending. You decide what better way to spend it than......watching a wrestling match. What one would it be?

It doesn't have to be the "best" match you've seen. It could be sentimental garbage too. So what do you watch?

I'll post mind once I've decided.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

shawn michaels v bret hart survivor series 1997

the night/moment pro-wrestling changed forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Brutus Beefcake vs one of those midgets from the King Kong Bundy Match at WM3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It'd have to be a Mick Foley match I think. One that he wins preferably so I can feel a little better about the world ending! I'll go with the match where he won the title for the first time, against the Rock on Raw. The finish was great and it was a really cool moment, it was something that made you genuinely smile and feel good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rock V Austin WMXVII. Everything that was good about pro wrestling in this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Maybe Hogan vs Warrior from WCW. I'm sure after watching that I'd be ready for the world's end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think I'd go with any match from Wrestlemania 8. If the world is ending, at least I'll have a smile on my face listening to Heenan and Monsoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

HBK VS ANGLE at WM 21 goes Hollywood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hogan vs Slaughter at Wrestlemania VII.

The best wrestling match of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Bret Hart vs British Bulldog Summerslam 92. Wrestling at its finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sting Vs Big Van Vader. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Shawn Michaels V Bret Hart Ironman Match at Wrestlemania XII, just cause it's the first match i have a proper recollection of and it was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Maybe Hogan vs Warrior from WCW. I'm sure after watching that I'd be ready for the world's end!

thats an absolutely brilliant choice, you would be begging for the end to come half-way through that :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Undertaker vs Mankind : KOTR98 Hell in a cell

my two favourite wrestlers of all time, the most famous bump in WWE history and the fact that the match went on. for me that match had more of a real feeling to it than any other. Smile on his face, tooth in his nostril, Foley brings out the mark in me everytime.

a close second for me would probably be the below suggestion
    gimmick wrote: »
    Rock V Austin WMXVII. Everything that was good about pro wrestling in this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Savage vs Steamboat - WM 3 - great feud, fantastic wrestling

or

Austin vs Bret Hart - WM 13

or

Michaels vs Ramon - WM X

or

Bret vs Owen - WM X

Just because I am old and remember this matches going down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kenta Kobashi/Mitsuharu Misawa Vs Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue 6/9/95 AJPW

The greatest and most wonderful wrestling match ever staged. I've watched this one at least a dozen timesand its just such a satisfying experience all round.

Its a continuation of the greatest feud EVER betwen Misawa and Kawada. Kawada finally gets a pinfall on Misawa after years of trying. there's the amazing performance from the young Kobashi, who puts on the finest sell job seen in a wrestling ring as his knee is destroyed, his heroism in protecting his mentor Misawa at all costs, even ****ing lying on top of him to protect him and the absolute balls to the wall effort put on by all four men from bell to bell. There's NO rest holds in this one, just strike after strike and over 40 mins of the most unbelieveable intensity.

This match is truly a work of art, I absolutely adore it. There are no flaws in it, its as close to perfection that I've ever seen as a wrestling fan and its very dear to my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

HHH v. Cactus Jack, Rumble '00

Great feud, great bumps, above all else great physcology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote: »

I second that. That match is like my security blanket. When i ask myself why i still watch wrestling i usually pop this on and all seems better with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

HHH vs HBK at Summerslam 02. Great stuff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Ricky the Dragon Steamboat v Macho Man (1987) Wrestlemania III

Greatest match ever, bar none. One of the greatest feuds and greatest matches.

Thats what the WWE needs to get back to, no mistake. Also great commentry (Gorialla and Ventura)

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmr8ZBOFKEM

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkI_1Q-vFAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

tlc 2 i dont know why id be out of the brottle

or joe vs kobisi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Anything with Cabana/Delirious.

If the world's ending I want to go out laughing damnit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Angle Vs Benoit from Royal Rumble '03. It's still my favourite, even if I no longer mark out so much when Chris does the throat-slash gesture.

I'd also consider Foley Vs Orton, Backlash '04. Orton going into the tacs when everyone was certain that Foley would g into them is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Advertisement