Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have they changed Racheros, for the worst!?!

• 24-11-2007 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a packet of Rancheros in a shop in Ballsbridge, and they were different. They were bigger, like twice the normal size of they usually are (I don't mean the packet now). Didn't taste as well, just tasted like a cheap imitation.

I haven't bought a new packet since. I'm hoping its just a bad batch.

So were they just a bad batch, or has anyone else noticed this with rancheros???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

They're bigger now, more inflated. I guess not as much BBQ flavor around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh it's a travesty! They've mucked up all my favourites. Rancheros, Monster Munch, Skips. Gone, all gone down the 'no additives' healthier highway :(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I've noticed this with many "snacks" and crisps, including Rancheroes. 'Tis a shame

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Archeron wrote: »
    They're bigger now, more inflated. I guess not as much BBQ flavor around.

They stopped making the BBQ flavour ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Dear god why do they have to mess with them! If it's not broken....dont fix it!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I had them recently too and they're were really cheap tasting. They used to be far more bacon intensive! Once, when I was in second year in school (about 10 years ago) we were sneakily eating a packet of Ranchero's in English class and our teacher starting sniffing the air and asking did anyone else smell bacon. That's how good they used to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

They've changed Monster Munch too:(
    They taste sort of like Wheelies now.

Have they changed Tayto Snax? Saw someone eating them today and they looked really wierd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

WindSock wrote: »
    Oh it's a travesty! They've mucked up all my favourites. Rancheros, Monster Munch, Skips. Gone, all gone down the 'no additives' healthier highway :(

So true.

I feel sorry for my little brothers and sister who'll never get to taste all those crisps when they were good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Damn you've all confirmed my worst fears. I think its taking a bit of time for the new packs to get into circulation, because I bought a multi-pack out of tescos last week and they were the old style rancheros.

So I may buy another few packs and try get as many of the old packs as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Well i was so annoyed i wrote to them and begged them to stop destroying my happiness! i.e rancheroes, asked them wtf they were messing with a guaranteed brand for, and told them they were going to lose stacks of customers.

I got €7 in vouchers for my trouble and no guarantee of same old rancheroes back.......but the €7 was nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 chuck_d_nun

Argh! I have a 6 pack at home .... I'm afraid to eat them now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

WindSock wrote: »

Ah, so I wasnt wrong in thinking that Skips now tasted like crap! Damn healthy eating habits nowadays!

Advertisement