Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nightclub in Newcastlewest

Options
  • 24-11-2007 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Brand New Nightclub opening very soon in Newcastlewest is looking for Staff.
    See Attatchment for more details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 copasetic

must be MacStubbers, good front bar - you can have the craic and hear each other, the back bar is a mess,if they knock through & make it the one bar it will destroy what little ambiance they have.on the upside , they are supposed to be turning a portion of the premises into a night club, something the town is crying out for as the "motel" is a Holy Show. Saying that a lot of club nights have come and gone in NCW and could not compete with the Motel, but a good door policy, friendly staff,good beer and quality tunes could make the venue a runner. here's hopin'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

So TrinityRooms started tis thread, does that mean Trinners will have something to do with this new club in NCW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

I heard the Trinity rooms was taking over "Coolio's/Xanadu's/or whatever its called now"

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

cupthehand wrote: »
    I heard the Trinity rooms was taking over "Coolio's/Xanadu's/or whatever its called now"

Xanadu's, haven't heard that in quite a while. Showing your age there cupthehand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Aesop wrote: »
    Xanadu's, haven't heard that in quite a while. Showing your age there cupthehand ;)

or should i have just said "The Olde Turnpike" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 countyguy

Trinity Rooms have apparently taken over Coolios and plan to open a new club called 'West'.

Also McStubbers are opening a nightclub in what was the back bar, which seems quite small though, but there may be room to expand out the back

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

fireworks in mcstubbers opening friday the 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!(of december)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 trinityrooms

Hi Folks
    some updated info for you all .

West is a €3million new nightclub development opening in Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick in February 2008.

With the design team from Limerick's award winning Trinity Rooms at the helm, West is a 21st century venue using the latest in sound and light technology, together with several luxurious themed areas on a number of levels, surrounding a brand new dancefloor!

Resident DJs on Friday nights at west will be Trinity Rooms' Paul Webb, whose Friday night show "House Party" on regional radio station Spin South West is just the latest achievement for a man whose career has seen him play at such legendary clubs as Pacha in Ibiza and Lilly's Bordello in Dublin, while on Saturday's the latest signing to 2fm, Jay-J Hartigan will be in control of the main dancefloor.

Newcastlewest is amongst the fastest growing towns in the country and has always needed a late destination worthy of the vibrant pub, music and cultural life of the capital of County Limerick.

With 3 seperate themed areas, 2 bars and the biggest dancefloor in the southwest, West will combine excellent service with glamorous surroundings, and will put the fun and excitement back into nightlife in the Midwest!

West - Every Friday and Saturday Night from 11pm till late
    Strictly over 19's.

West
    Churchtown
    Newcastlewest
    Co. Limerick
    www.westncw.com
    PH: 0818 300350

for more information or press please contact

*Felicity

Felicity Hardwick
    TRINITY ROOMS
    The Granary, Michael St., Limerick, IRL
    Ph:+353 (0)61 411177 (ext. 4) Fax: +353 (0)61 217130
    E: felicity@trinityrooms.ie www.trinityrooms.ie

what will happen to whispers??????itll either sink or swim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

what will happen to whispers??????itll either sink or swim!

Is whispers still going?have they ever done that place up?
    Does anyone over the age of 18 ever go to whispers or coolios?

• Advertisement

im 22 and i go to whispers!!its pure crap though!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

im 22 and i go to whispers!!its pure crap though!

Couldnt agree more,havent been there since Paddys night....I long for the day that it closes its doors for the last time.

Couldnt agree more,havent been there since Paddys night....I long for the day that it closes its doors for the last time.

have you tried fireworks?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

have you tried fireworks?

Not yet tbh but might see it over the Christmas,cant be as bad as the other place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

With 3 seperate themed areas, 2 bars and the biggest dancefloor in the southwest, West will combine excellent service with glamorous surroundings, and will put the fun and excitement back into nightlife in the Midwest!

And attract every scumbag and drug dealer for miles. You've obviously never had a Saturday night out in Newcastle West Felicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Brand New Nightclub opening very soon in Newcastlewest is looking for Staff.
    See Attatchment for more details.
    i must say i can,t see where the 4 million or so they said they paid to do the place up went coz the floor is just concrete and as for the bouncers i,d say there,s one irish boncer the rest are foreigners was goin to the toilet at the end of the night and one of em tried to stop me saying the toilets were being cleaned! i asked him where was meant to take a piss was i to go outside and do it and in his foreign accent a "yes" was what i got well i said feck that i,m goin anyway pure ignorance and as for the cloakroom don,t bother putting your coat in there coz it will be walked on by the staff as the cloakroom does,nt have the capacity and the staff don,t put em on the hangers properly also you will be waiting an hour to get it back if your lucky to get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

I dj there last saturday night I must say the place was full the club had a lovely atmosphere to it and it well laid out ...The two dancers were fantastic and the light and sound system is state of the art ..!
    Hopefully i`ll be back soon it`s a really nice club.

THUMBS UP FROM ME !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Hi Folks
    some updated info for you all .

West is a €3million new nightclub development opening in Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick in February 2008.

With the design team from Limerick's award winning Trinity Rooms at the helm, West is a 21st century venue using the latest in sound and light technology, together with several luxurious themed areas on a number of levels, surrounding a brand new dancefloor!

Resident DJs on Friday nights at west will be Trinity Rooms' Paul Webb, whose Friday night show "House Party" on regional radio station Spin South West is just the latest achievement for a man whose career has seen him play at such legendary clubs as Pacha in Ibiza and Lilly's Bordello in Dublin, while on Saturday's the latest signing to 2fm, Jay-J Hartigan will be in control of the main dancefloor.

Newcastlewest is amongst the fastest growing towns in the country and has always needed a late destination worthy of the vibrant pub, music and cultural life of the capital of County Limerick.

West - Every Friday and Saturday Night from 11pm till late
    Strictly over 19's.

West
    Churchtown
    Newcastlewest
    Co. Limerick
    www.westncw.com
    PH: 0818 300350

for more information or press please contact

*Felicity

Felicity Hardwick
    TRINITY ROOMS
    The Granary, Michael St., Limerick, IRL
    Ph:+353 (0)61 411177 (ext. 4) Fax: +353 (0)61 217130
    E: felicity@trinityrooms.ie www.trinityrooms.ie

Thought there was suppose to be no advertising on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

DJKAV wrote: »
    I dj there last saturday night I must say the place was full the club had a lovely atmosphere to it and it well laid out ...The two dancers were fantastic and the light and sound system is state of the art ..!
    Hopefully i`ll be back soon it`s a really nice club.

THUMBS UP FROM ME !!!:D
    If only you knew how those lights and sound system were paid for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

grenache wrote: »

Indulge us grenache. If you ask me that place is and has always being a kip over the years and throughout the various names it has had. No matter how fancy the lights and sound systems are it is still a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

grenache wrote: »

dont just tease us, tell us

if there is something we should be aware of, post a reply!!
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

Come on tell us how, we are waiting patiently to hear the seedy underworld story that will reveal the true sinister nature of west

Come on tell us how were they paid for pm me ... !

Now you know ;)

Interesting, I live three miles outside ncw and never heard that before. Heard it was dodgy but that was all. Cheers grenache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭miders

please pm me i want to know bout this dodgyness!!!i too live in ncw

From limerickleader.ie

Two people have appeared in a Limerick court Monday charged in connection with the petrol bombing of a nightclub over the weekend.

22 year old Joseph Barden from Clarina Avenue Weston along with a 15 year old male youth who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared before Newcastle West Court this morning in relation to the attack on “Fireworks” nightclub in Newcastle West around 4am Sunday morning.

Both are accused of causing criminal damage at the nightclub and of stealing a car earlier in the same night.

”Sgt Gerry Enright, Newcastle West, told the court that neither of the accused made any reply when he formally charged them at Newcastle West Gardai Station over the weekend.

Judge Timothy Lucey granted each of the defendant’s free legal aid after he was told that neither of them are currently working.

Solicitor, Michael O'Donnell, said he was reserving his position regarding bail but he indicated to the court that he would be making bail applications on behalf of his clients when they appear before Newcastle West Court again on Friday.”
    Via Limerick Leader.

The youth was remanded to Auberstown House in Dublin. Mr Barden will be held in custody at Limerick Prison.

The nightclub suffered minimal damage in the attack.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who was behind that attack :rolleyes:

Not only that but the guy running the night club that doesn't need to be mentioned, wasn't there saturday night and he is there all the time. According to a staff member I know who shares the same suspisions. ( I know, my spelling is a little off this morning). He also has a very good theory too regarding the money side of things.

Hey, Just wonderin did anyone here hear of a murder in ncw last night, sat of the bank holiday. Supposed to have happened down around the arena shop. Proberbly down by the river.

• Advertisement

West and fireworks are not the same nightclub ... completly diffrent clubs ..!! .

Advertisement