Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3's Skype Phone! I'm confused :(

• 24-11-2007 4:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting one of these for the missus for Christmas! She's with O2 at the moment so is migrating to 3 and keeping the 086 number straight forward? AND...what exactly is the craic with em?? If one of her US Skype friends calls her on it or vice versa is it really free or does the phone connect to the internet and is she charged for her time online????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Where can I check out such a gizmo? bf and I separated by the Atlantic atm, would we need separate models?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Rhiannon14 wrote: »
    Where can I check out such a gizmo? bf and I separated by the Atlantic atm, would we need separate models?

think the idea is you can talk to any other skype user not just those with skype phones?! and ask in any three store or most phone stores would probably have a working model to show you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭great

just a note u have to toop up by 10 euro a month and u only get 4000 min so its not totally free

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Doddy

Does it only work trough 3 mobile network if so it will not work all over the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Skype calls only in a Three 3g area. Regular calls everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

O'Prez wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one of these for the missus for Christmas! She's with O2 at the moment so is migrating to 3 and keeping the 086 number straight forward? AND...what exactly is the craic with em?? If one of her US Skype friends calls her on it or vice versa is it really free or does the phone connect to the internet and is she charged for her time online????

It only connects to the Internet for exchanging data with Skype, the actually call is routed through GSM network for outgoing and incoming so call quality is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Thanx everyone. I'm buying one for her tomorrow so I'll let ye know the story ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Right so I bought it and it took ages to connect to Skype and the connection keeps dropping. Great! Also, when receiving texts (normal ones)...the sender's name doesn't show up...just the number...eventhough the name and number is stored on the SIM...pain in the sphincter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

good advice.... was debating buying one of these phones. I think i will stick to my sloooow but reliable LG.

Advertisement