Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning a 3 phone

• 24-11-2007 5:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

if they haven't got good enough coverage its not your fault, and thats what its meant for so comes under 28days money back i would think,, if its not that big of a chip i would u would get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

3 has a 14 day money back guarantee on phones but not if you've chipped it. Maybe they won't notice but they shouldn't take it back. If they do they don't give it back minus the credit

yes they do expect you to wrap it up in bubble wrap. They're not obliged to take phones back within 14 days but they do. They can't be expected to take back phones that aren't in a resaleable condition.

but if there are faults with the phone that's a different story. In that case the phone isn't resaleable through no fault of your own. They're still not supposed to give a refund because it's chipped but probably will. Do you ever get 3g coverage? In your op you just said you don't get good coverage at home which doesn't sound like a fault with the phone and wouldn't entitle you to a refund except under the 14 day thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

It's highly unlikely that they will echange or refund the phone as it has been used and has damage and is therefore not in a resaleable condition.

I have been with 3 for over 18 months now and have perfect coverage almost everywhere (except in the Jervis Centre for some reason!!).

The mobile operators do not guarantee 100% avaliability of signal as the signal can be affected by things outside of their control.

If the phone can recieve a signal in the majority of urban areas then the phone would be suitable for the stated purpose

jahalpin wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely that they will echange or refund the phone as it has been used and has damage and is therefore not in a resaleable condition.
    3 will refund used units up to 14 days. the damage on the other hand.....

jahalpin wrote: »
    If the phone can recieve a signal in the majority of urban areas then the phone would be suitable for the stated purpose

this is true but he said the software is buggy as well which might get him his refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I brought my SkypePhone back a week after purchase for various reasons and having used 5 out of the 10€ credit.

There was no argument and no quibble. The only thing they checked was that the SIM supplied was still in the handset. I could not put the box back the way it was (I'm useless at that sort of thing) and returned the charger out of the box. No fuss was made of any kind and the handset was not checked for blemishes etc (not that there were any).

The entire operation took some 5 minutes and the funds were back in my credit card account within 48 hours.

Advertisement