Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfering a domain as private straight away

Options
  • 24-11-2007 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi

in the process of buying a domain from someone but i would like it to be private once i have it transfered from his registrar to mine (i have not decided on mine yet)

however it seems that on all the service providers i checked that one has to transfer the domain first and then upgrade to private

- however that would mean that my details would be on the dns history - does anyone know if there is any service out there that allows me to transfer and once it arrives on my registrar it is private straight away ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Not unless you wanted to transfer the domain to someone else at your registry, or to a broker, then make it private, then move it your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Can't you keep it with the current registrar?

Advertisement