Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crucial Ballistix OR Corsair Dominator

Options
  • 24-11-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

I'm upgrading the ram in my system to either the cruical or corsair ram. Going for the pc-8500 1066 stuff.
    Which is the better one to go for? And where is the best place to buy.

My system is an XPS 720 h2c.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Go with the crucial stuff, or the ocz reaper. And the cheapest palce is www.memoryc.com or www.overlcockers.co.uk or www.scan.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I have the Crucial Ballistix and its very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah, shame its yellow though. It kind of clashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

My Cellshock ram is the very best ,not cheap but you can push it to the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Crucial is get the most votes, What about the Ballistix Tracer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

same just its got lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Well at PC8500 it's all the top binned D9 stuff anyway so it doesn't matter, get whichever is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Real noob question here, but I believe vista 32 won't reconise 4gb of ram, so can I put in 3gb? (3x 1gb sticks). Or is there any point in doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes, but you will not have dual channel ram then. Its the reason why ram is sold in matched pairs. You could use 2x1Gb & 2x512Mb for dual channel

Advertisement