Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct2Drive?

Options
  • 24-11-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Has anybody purchased games from this site? I was thinking of getting COD4. What happens if you format your drive and want to install the game again? Do you have to buy it again?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

py2006 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Has anybody purchased games from this site? I was thinking of getting COD4. What happens if you format your drive and want to install the game again? Do you have to buy it again?

If you're noting going to go for a physical copy, then why not get it on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Spear wrote: »
    If you're noting going to go for a physical copy, then why not get it on Steam?
    They seem to be more expensive on steam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They seem to be more expensive on steam.

Steams charging a good $20 more for no discernible reason. D2D does allow you to redownload games for reinstallation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

have u used it yourself?

have u used it yourself?

No, it's run by Gamespy and I've no faith in them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You get 5 installs, or at least you did.

Its crap. Just buy it in the shop or steam

Advertisement