Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin megastore kilkenny

• 24-11-2007 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

has that store opened yet and how do yoy apply for a job there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

not opened yet suppose if u ring virgin megastore in dublin and asked for p department they'd tell u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Will be rebranded soon. Branson sold the UK and Irish Virgin megastores in September. The new name will be Zavvi.

http://www.virginmegastores.co.uk/info-zavvi.jsf

They have no head office in this country,it is all dealt with through the head office in London, you go through the UK site for job apps.

http://www.zavvicareers.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

friend of mine was tellin me it's opening on the frist of dec, they had there job's advertised on the fas web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 martin69

thanks for the help guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

martin69 wrote: »
    has that store opened yet and how do yoy apply for a job there?

I believe its supposed to be opening this coming Monday. I'm looking forward to it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I love Virgin megastores and go to the ones in Dublin a good bit.
    At last KK is getting a decent place to buy music apart from the drivil in town... Why Golden discs never came to KK is beyond me.

I'm very disappointed it didn't open today. I was really looking forward to it opening today. I wonder when it will actually open now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed it didn't open today. I was really looking forward to it opening today. I wonder when it will actually open now.

aw dang still not open. They must be opening soon, was in on firday and they were unpacking all the stock and pricing stuff.

ztoical wrote: »
    aw dang still not open. They must be opening soon, was in on firday and they were unpacking all the stock and pricing stuff.

I actually just came back from there when I posted. They put signs up that they weren't opening due to "Unforseen Circumstances" and no new opening date on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I could see that happening seeing as the place didnt look anywhere near finished.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote: »
    I could see that happening seeing as the place didnt look anywhere near finished.

I had that feeling too as I was walking up to it and it still had those "Coming soon" coverings over the windows.

I guess I'm stll stuck using the internet to order my DVDs.

I cant see Virgin beating Play.com's prices anyway, so I doubt I'll be up there much.

I cant see Virgin beating Play.com's prices anyway, so I doubt I'll be up there much.

I'll probably pop in a time or two once its open since the stores on High st. don't regularly carry the DVDs I collect. I'll probably still end up staying with online shops tough.

True, for impulse buying it'll come in handy. I never go into Heartbeat or Resistance as the prices are exorbitant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Yeah, I'm another Play.com fan.
    I save some serious money.
    And throw in free delivery and unbeatable selection..

kinda want it just for the impluse buy factor which is prob a bad thing. Online impluse shopping is always good but the boxes can never fit through my letter box and have to wander all the way up hebron to the post office parcel office. The shops on high street are really overpriced thou xtravision is good for the odd cheap dvd box set.

True, for impulse buying it'll come in handy. I never go into Heartbeat or Resistance as the prices are exorbitant.

Where's Resistance located? I know of the Heartbeat on High St. and in the Market cross and Roller Coaster on Keran's St but I've never heard of Resistance.

Resistance Records is in James' Street.

The Hebron parcel collection office is only across the road from me.. more or less a two minute walk.

Thanks King Nothing.

The Hebron parcel collection office is only across the road from me.. more or less a two minute walk.

You mustn't be to far from me then - I'm living at lakeside at the mo. I know thats really close to the parcel collection place but its way up the back and I got lost the first time.

• Advertisement

ztoical wrote: »
    You mustn't be to far from me then - I'm living at lakeside at the mo. I know thats really close to the parcel collection place but its way up the back and I got lost the first time.

I live in an estate called O'Loughlin Court, beside Hebron Park. So it's literally just a few mins walk

Has anyone by chance gone to see if Virgin opened yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I was in McDoughnut Junction this morning.Virgin Megastores still closed and there's a sign saying it's not trading at the moment. No indication when it'll reopen.

Hmmm I wonder if it is company related after it been recently taken over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I live in an estate called O'Loughlin Court, beside Hebron Park. So it's literally just a few mins walk

Me too! Of all the estates...

ergonomics wrote: »
    Me too! Of all the estates...

You are kidding me?! :eek: That is unreal! Imagine the chances of that!

I know! I looked at your Bebo, my house is directly behind yours!

Aoife O'Reilly?
    There's a blast from the past!

That'd be me alright! Major blast from the past!

• Advertisement

What was the chances of that!

Advertisement