Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin megastore kilkenny

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Popped up there today. Still closed. Happeed to talk to the asst. manager and he says they are hoping to be open by the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

He didn't happen to say why they shut the shop down hours after it had opened? They had customers in the shop and they were all told to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Aoife O'Reilly?
    There's a blast from the past!

"Get a room"

Firetrap wrote: »
    He didn't happen to say why they shut the shop down hours after it had opened? They had customers in the shop and they were all told to leave.

No.Just spouted about the whole "unforseen circumstances" bit. When did that happen? I never heard about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Figart

they closed the store on monday because who ever the fire safety officer was inspecting the store said that the fire escapes did not comply with normal regulations because of this the store has to undergo its first renovation after just 1 day and according to the stores manager don't expect it to be open for at least another 2-3 weeks

• Advertisement

Figart wrote: »
    they closed the store on monday because who ever the fire safety officer was inspecting the store said that the fire escapes did not comply with normal regulations because of this the store has to undergo its first renovation after just 1 day and according to the stores manager don't expect it to be open for at least another 2-3 weeks

Thanks Figart. I never heard about that. That blunder is going to bite them hard since from that estimation they will miss the Christmas shopping season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

BingoBongo wrote: »
    "Get a room"

:eek: :rolleyes:
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Thanks Figart. I never heard about that. That blunder is going to bite them hard since from that estimation they will miss the Christmas shopping season.

It will hit them hard, but surely, when plans were made for that building,
    fire safety would have been the first thing they should have taking into account?

:eek: :rolleyes:

It will hit them hard, but surely, when plans were made for that building,
    fire safety would have been the first thing they should have taking into account?

I thought Fire Safety would have to give approval before they could open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

just been talking to someone that works in virgin, there just waiting on the go ahead to open,they thought it might be today but looking like monday now....:D

just been talking to someone that works in virgin, there just waiting on the go ahead to open,they thought it might be today but looking like monday now....:D

Would be nice but I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" phase now.

• Advertisement

Well it finally opened today. Was ok but not as big as I expected it to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Megastore is a bit of a misnomer I think. I'm happy though - I can blow my money on lots of DVD box sets now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

i think the store is great compared to heartbeat city!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was impressed with the range in there. The prices are great compared to the others in town, but I'll stick to online shopping. I did pick up a cd there, that I never imagined I could get in KK, which was pretty good for an impulse buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BricanaBarbie

resistance is on james' street..you know the street where silver oasis is? and the entrance to the mkt cross

What happened to Virgin? Barely open a month and now the store is called Zavvi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Richard Branson sold the Virgin Megastore chain but kept the name.

Richard Branson sold the Virgin Megastore chain but kept the name.

Thanks king. It was just a shock to go in and notice the sign change.

Advertisement