Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop/rainbow6

Options
  • 24-11-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

hi
    Not realy much of a gamer but just a quick question would rainbow 6 las vegas run on a laptop with a nvidea 8400mt 64mb graphics card. The laptop has 831mb shared graphics?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

probbly not im afraid,that game requires some serious power to run it,I dont think yours could though :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

ah crap thanks for the reply, so is there any decent games i could run with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'd say Half life 2 will run ok on it and other shooters of that era (e.g. Doom3, Quake 4 etc)

thanks i might try one of them, its a new laptop just a crappy graphics card. So on a game when is says sys requirement for grapichs that means dedicated and not the shared?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

rory1983 wrote: »
    thanks i might try one of them, its a new laptop just a crappy graphics card. So on a game when is says sys requirement for grapichs that means dedicated and not the shared?
    Dedicated graphics mean a seperate chip with its own seperate VRAM (Video RAM), you dont have a bad video chip in that laptop, better than the rubbish intel ones like i have, but because R6V was a bad port you'd prob need a Dedicated video card with atleast 256mb VRAM, i find it suprising the 8400GT only has 64mb dedicated for a modern enough chip but if its so prob r6v would be out of the question

Nick

• Advertisement

Ive attached where it says 64mb so i pressume thats all i have maybe someone can take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Darwin wrote: »
    I'd say Half life 2 will run ok on it

Negative

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

rory1983 wrote: »
    Ive attached where it says 64mb so i pressume thats all i have maybe someone can take a look
    :O Your rite, its deffo only 64MB dedicated, tbh you'll have difficulty running any new games on that, HL2 would probably run ok if you have a gig system RAM at least, R6V is a no no though with that limitation

Nick

yh i have 2 gb of ram its just a crappy video card, i dont play games often so when i bought it it wasnt an issue. ill buy a playstation or something:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heh....I think that would be a good idea :),you can play any game you want then ;-D well withing reason of course :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement