Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Illustrated subscription rip off....any ideas?

• 24-11-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

SI is a great mag and having spent the last couple of weeks in the US I read a fair few (my friend has a subscription). As a Boston sports fan the last few editions have been heaven.

Heres the problem.

Subs in the USA is around $40......for the rest of the world (inc Ireland) its $317 :eek::eek::eek:

Is anyone out there getting it cheper some other way....if so can you enlighten me.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i presume its monthly as weekly would be very hard to ship over.The cost is 213 euro which is very expensive for a monthly mag.
    Having read a few issues it is a fantastic read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

raven136 wrote: »
    i presume its monthly as weekly would be very hard to ship over.The cost is 213 euro which is very expensive for a monthly mag.
    Having read a few issues it is a fantastic read

Weekly.....52 issues inc of 4 double issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

BigDragon wrote: »
    Weekly.....52 issues inc of 4 double issues.

€4 a throw. Not horrendous.

Beware though. I subscribe to a few American magazines and they can take a while and may not come in sequence. I got the Oct. 7th issue of one last week, after all of the following ones.

€4 a throw. Not horrendous.

But compared to $0.70 an issue in the US seems a little excessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

weekly ill be going for that,is there a link on the si website to order it internationally

• Advertisement

raven136 wrote: »
    weekly ill be going for that,is there a link on the si website to order it internationally

The SI subscription page:

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_1007clrtst_optm.jhtml?experience_id=181482&source_id=7&_requestid=175719

and on the bottom is the link to international subs:

https://subs.timeinc.net/MM/mm_intl.jhtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I get my buddy in the US to buy it and send it over total cost €10

I get my buddy in the US to buy it and send it over total cost €10
    Total cost of 52 issues is then €520 :eek:

Advertisement