Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a comfortable/reliable car

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

groupb wrote: »
    A mondeo zetec.loads of space, Bullet proof , capable of huge mileages without problems and should , in the unlikely event , anything does go wrong , ford prices are reasonable. I've had two high milage mondeos and one new passat and I know if I wanted a car that was dependable it I'd choose a mondeo every time. A friends company has a 01 zetec 1.8 petrol with over 200,000Miles and it has'nt missed a beat. My mondeo estate had a towbar and was "all the car you would ever need".I had to sell it when it when I got a new job with a 07 passat 140TDI as a company car.This s***box broke my heart and I quickly became familar with courtesy cars , while it underwent various repairs.According to the various towtruck drivers I've spoken to , the passat (both old & new model) forms a substantial part of their business.The only time they see a mondeo is at the scene of a crash.

Are you on drugs? My pops has driven fords only for the past 50 years and they give him loads of headaches. His 2001 Mondeo has cost a fortune. He's just had the head gasket replaced, a problem that Ford Ashley on the Nth Circular Road covered up when they sold the car to him and then joked about it when he brought it in for a service. Wouldn't touch a ford unless it was to take a dump on one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

Hello there,
    I am looking for a car for my parents. The main things that they are looking for as they are getting older is comfort and reliability. The car however will still be used for towing trailers so it will need to have a nice bit of power still. Their budget is around the 11500 mark, can anyone recommend a car?

Cheers.
    Bought an 05 focus. Coming right in at budget. Cheers for the help along the way.

Advertisement