Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards.ie wont open in Firefox

• 24-11-2007 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Well the title says it all. I cannot open boards.ie in Firefox, but in IE7 its fine. Occasionally it will open in Firefox but 80% of the time it wont, and its a pain!

Ive turned off my firewall but it makes no difference. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder is it a Firefox or boards.ie problem.

h

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I use Firefox all the time and never have a problem

Try disabling all your Firefox extentions and see if it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Yep i used Firefox all the time on boards and i've never had any problems with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

firefox has a safe mode
    Use the "Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)", "Mozilla Thunderbird (Safe Mode)", or "Mozilla Thunderbird (No Extensions)" shortcut in the Mozilla Firefox or Mozilla Thunderbird program folder on the Windows Start Menu. If you have deleted this shortcut, you can start in Safe Mode by selecting "Start -> Run" and entering

For Firefox:
    firefox -safe-mode

For Thunderbird:

thunderbird -safe-mode

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Cant figure it out. It goes so far loading then hangs. Occasionally it'll load, like 5 minutes ago. But when I clicked on a post it wouldnt open.

h

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

how did safe mode work ?

extensions are usualaly the problems if you have loads of them

or reinstall it

or try things like noscript / adblock to remove some of the junk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Just right click and try 'view page in ie tab'. That works for me on a couple of sites that don't seem to care for Firefox and it takes a millisecond.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Sorry I dont know what extensions, if any, I have. It must be some setting on my pc as I tried it on my sisters and it works fine in Firefox. Trouble is, how to discover the solution!

Maybe I might try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox.

h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I've noticed that the flash ads always mess with firefox! (for me anyways, on all versions!)

Try right clicking on them and unchecking the play option, see if that stops the CPU going bananas. I installed ad block plus to get rid of them permanently then! no problems since. Might not be the case for you though!

Advertisement