Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digital Media Direct, Tallaght

• 24-11-2007 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Ok, I need to run a cable about 35m from a router to a pc. Wireless and electric lines not suitable. I went into Maplins as someone on the boards suggested and asked for 40m of cable to be on the safe side. They wanted 60 euro. Fair enough says me. Any chance you can put the plug on each end? Sorry, you have to buy the plugs in 10s at €4. Then you have to buy the crimping tool at 25 euro just to put the plugs on.

No way pal. Went to Digital Media Direct in Tallaght. 40m of cable and they will crimp the plugs on each end. Cost €30 euro.

Digital Media Direct - behind Dominics shopping centre in Tallaght.

Remember them.

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Maplin did used to do kits by Sitecom, the "kit 2" contained 50m of Cat 5, 10 RJ45 connectors, crimper and cable stripper for about €40. I bought it for a one off job at home - but its came in really handy on a number of occasions since.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭deco28

Digital Media Direct will beat most prices from blank media to any pc building or needed accessories if Tallaght is out of the way for people they also have a place off o'connell bridge in town call MAX BURNS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Their website says they're trade only... were you able to walk in, without being asked for company/trade details, vat numbers etc ?

http://www.dmdirect.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

well i could have done it cheaper than that... ive an add on services available.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was buying from DMD for a few years until I moved to a new job in City Centre ... then Max Burns opened .... happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sabotage wrote: »
    I was buying from DMD for a few years until I moved to a new job in City Centre ... then Max Burns opened .... happy days.
    DMD and Maxburns are all the one. :)

They have moved back to Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

So tell us, whats your interest in DMD and maxburns? Or were you just really bored trawling through over a year of bargain alerts!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

DMD and Maxburns are all the one. :)

I know.
    They have moved back to Tallaght.

This I did not know. Is Max Burns gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nice guys down in DMD. Bought an ink cartridge for cheapo off them a while ago and it seems to be lasting for years! I'm looking for some memory for my lappy now, so may pay them a visit.

My dad also gets PCs repaired by them every so often and they don't charge much. I had a problem with my laptop (mac) a while ago and they had someone take a look at it. Unfortunately they weren't able to repair it for me, but they didn't charge me or anything so I was happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Wow, a box {305M} of CAT5e wholesale costs ~35€.
    Ok, I need to run a cable about 35m from a router to a pc. Wireless and electric lines not suitable. I went into Maplins as someone on the boards suggested and asked for 40m of cable to be on the safe side. They wanted 60 euro. Fair enough says me. Any chance you can put the plug on each end? Sorry, you have to buy the plugs in 10s at €4. Then you have to buy the crimping tool at 25 euro just to put the plugs on.

No way pal. Went to Digital Media Direct in Tallaght. 40m of cable and they will crimp the plugs on each end. Cost €30 euro.

Remember them.

Jeff

• Advertisement
Advertisement