Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your "public toilet" in Sligo Town?

Options
  • 24-11-2007 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I know there aren't any public toilets in Sligo, but when you gotta go.... where do you go?

Personally I most often use McDonald's "customer only" toilet. I've never been hassled and it's very difficult to feel guilty about defrauding Mickey D's. In other cafes and things I might feel guilty enough to buy a coffee and stay a while so this avoids that!

There's the bus station as well, if I'm up that way. And the Quayside has one too, which is very nice and clean (although you have to pay)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I used to use Burger Kings but now that they are gone, I don't know where I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Ba da ba ba ba.....I'm lovin' it!

Apart from that, Tesco, Quayside or a pretty busy pub (so I don't feel guilty about not buying anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

maccy d's

:D

or 4 lights if getting food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

irish-stew wrote: »
    maccy d's

:D

hello, could i get a Mc sh1t with lies please.

although have found the jacks in johnsons, up to costa coffee, through the unmarked door, up the fire escape to the second level of costa coffee, through the other unmarked door, down the corridor look left and theres the universal symbol for male and female toilets

glad to be to your assistance fellow boarders

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

MacDonalds, The Glass House or upstairs in Dunnes over at Cranmore. I don't use Tesco anymore as even though you've paid they're still filthy most of the time. I did eventually find the loos in Costa Coffee yesterday. Just in time, felt like I'd been orienteering! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I forgot about the Glasshouse! Hmm. It's way nicer than McDonald's. Will have to remember it next time.

The Hospital's Emergency Department also has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Xiney wrote: »
    I forgot about the Glasshouse! Hmm. It's way nicer than McDonald's. Will have to remember it next time.

I'm a McDonalds man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Johnston court :D

on this "toilet issue" I noticed recent on a local news piece that a number of English towns - probably of similar or smaller size to Sligo have come up with a scheme to help solve this problem.

The councils have what can be best described as a toilet co-operative scheme in which businesses display a sticker which shows the public that they can use their toilets without having an obligation to purchasing anything and the council pays them a contribution for allowing this service.

Could this work in Sligo? I dont see a reason why not

• Advertisement

genie wrote: »
    upstairs in Dunnes over at Cranmore.

yeah, but you would only be using these toilets if you had a reason to be there, thier both quite away from the main points of the town

yeah, but you would only be using these toilets if you had a reason to be there, thier both quite away from the main points of the town

Well, in both cases I walk past them quite often on my way in and out of town and so they are useful middle of the road pit stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

on this "toilet issue" I noticed recent on a local news piece that a number of English towns - probably of similar or smaller size to Sligo have come up with a scheme to help solve this problem.

The councils have what can be best described as a toilet co-operative scheme in which businesses display a sticker which shows the public that they can use their toilets without having an obligation to purchasing anything and the council pays them a contribution for allowing this service.

You ain't using my loo! I'm not cleaning my toilets after you lot!

Really though, I used to let customers use it, but I got caught very badly once, so no more. I don't mind kids, but for adults, its out of order.

While I accept your right to refuse who you choose, it makes me sad that a few bad apples have ruined the bushel, so to speak.

Medical science is, thusfar, puzzled by the problems I have with my bladder. Suffice it to say, in the time it takes me to be refused from a shop, I may have a real emergency situation. Which is why one of the first things I do in a new place is scout out the toilets. I've got spidey sense for locating them.

Oh man, but the first time I got to Tesco's with 50 cent piece in hand just in time... and it was out of order... aaaargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

While I accept your right to refuse who you choose, it makes me sad that a few bad apples have ruined the bushel, so to speak.

Medical science is, thusfar, puzzled by the problems I have with my bladder. Suffice it to say, in the time it takes me to be refused from a shop, I may have a real emergency situation. Which is why one of the first things I do in a new place is scout out the toilets. I've got spidey sense for locating them.

Oh man, but the first time I got to Tesco's with 50 cent piece in hand just in time... and it was out of order... aaaargh!

PM me and you can use my loo if you need!

sueme wrote: »
    You ain't using my loo! I'm not cleaning my toilets after you lot!

Really though, I used to let customers use it, but I got caught very badly once, so no more. I don't mind kids, but for adults, its out of order.

even if the corpo were paying you (and others) to allow them?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Re. Dunnes Stores loo, I park there because I get 2 hours free. Two hours in Sligo town centre is usually more than enough for me! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

That sounds like a great idea Sligobhoy1967. Certainly something they could be floating in the interim until they sort themselves with a permanent solution. Could also mean plenty of choice for all ages too. Wonder do many local councillors/chamber of commerce folk read the boards?
    By the way upstairs in Tescos (lift also) has a toilet available. You have to ask them for key at counter, they dont seem to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

It's horrible when you are in Maccie Ds with the kids and one of them needs the loo and off you go up the stairs and half way up you get that horrible "public toilet" stench caused by all the people popping in and out just to use the facilities! (and probably caused by less than frequent cleaning) Eurgh!

Personally, depends where I am, but only ever used the Quayside ones lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I always finds most McD's toilets are stuffy, smelly places. Alot of them don't even have windows and they're too warm. Thank God I'm a guy though. I wouldn't even want to hover over a McD's toilet seat.
    I don't spend more than an hour or two in town, so I go before I get there, and can usually make it home or to a filling station out the road before my walk becomes comical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

<SNIP> Way too much detail and not relevant to discussion <SNIP> (and no I didn't stay looking at it for very long).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Ah FFS ppl!

Try and keep descriptions out of this thread please!

Advertisement