Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants from the Council!!!

Options
  • 24-11-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi
    Just a quick question - has anyone ever applied for a grand from a county council for purchase of a property and what is the criteria ? Also if anyone has received a grant from them what happens when u want to buy them out?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Like a business premises? I'm sure there are grants available for this. Ask the County Enterprise Board

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think there are any property related grants, other than those for improvement of residential premises for people with disabilities, including older people.

There is the affordable housing schemes run by the councils. Just check the website of your local council for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

up to a couple of years ago the council gave out mortgages ,normally if you were buying one of there houseing units or if you were a long term tenant and wanted to buy the house -interest rates much higher as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Its for a residential property, I checked their website and its says that they give grants out for up to €185,000 for residential property - I think it works like a mortgage but I just wanted to see if anyone else had got these grants or have heard about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

JOJOC wrote: »
    Its for a residential property, I checked their website and its says that they give grants out for up to €185,000 for residential property - I think it works like a mortgage but I just wanted to see if anyone else had got these grants or have heard about them!
    A link to the web page you checked or the name of the scheme would help.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you qualify as a housing need/on the housing list,
    then they can subsidise the cost of a site

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/housing/buying-a-home/help-with-buying-a-home/low_cost_housing_sites/?searchterm=housing
    Or
    You may be eligible for a mortgage from the local authority if you can't get one from a bank
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/housing/buying-a-home/help-with-buying-a-home/local_authority_mortgages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Hi
    Sorry I think I would be able to get a certain amount of a mortgage from a bank but not all of it for the place I am looking at!
    Its with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/
    I know there is certain criteria that I would have to comply to but im just not sure what way it works or that Id be eligible.
    Thank

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

Surely contacting Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and asking them would be more productive than asking people here.

Advertisement