Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comm3 - Ireland in Europe

Options
  • 24-11-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Does anyone else feel a bit grieved that this subject is carrying double wages - 10 credits.

It is quiet simply the worst subject I have studied in my 3 years of Commerce and has little to no relevance to what the majority of the year will do after college.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Can't you defer it?

I know a friend who did Commerce last year and he deferred exams he didn't like til summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Nah man, I'm 3rd Commerce and I'm pretty sure we've had FAR worse subjects than this over the past 3 years.

Quantitative Analysis for Business

Organisational Behaviour

Financial Accounting 2

Applied Business Competencies (it doesn't even have lecturers!)

Corporate Finance

all spring to mind. Ireland in Europe is pretty heinous in it's boredom and irrelevance, but it can't even touch these. I find there's maybe about 1 or 2 subjects per semester that are mildly interesting, this definitely isn't one of them.

Thankfully, it seems like one of those where as boring and crap as it is, if you know even a small bit of the EU you'll probably walk away with an A or a B.

That reminds me, I must start the 5000 word essay someday soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Umaro wrote: »
    Nah man, I'm 3rd Commerce and I'm pretty sure we've had FAR worse subjects than this over the past 3 years.

Quantitative Analysis for Business

Organisational Behaviour

Financial Accounting 2

Applied Business Competencies (it doesn't even have lecturers!)

Corporate Finance

all spring to mind. Ireland in Europe is pretty heinous in it's boredom and irrelevance, but it can't even touch these. I find there's maybe about 1 or 2 subjects per semester that are mildly interesting, this definitely isn't one of them.

Thankfully, it seems like one of those where as boring and crap as it is, if you know even a small bit of the EU you'll probably walk away with an A or a B.

That reminds me, I must start the 5000 word essay someday soon....
    what exactly is it you want to do?

Anyway, while I thought InE boring, it has a strange use. At interviews, Ive been asked questions about Ireland's economy, future, and the EU. I dont know why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Well when you see that the majority of Commerce are in accounting or banking and finance, I really fail to see how this subject justifies carrying twice as many credits as financial accounting or financial management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

what exactly is it you want to do?

Definitely not Commerce anyways, but I only have 6 months until I graduate. Sadly, the first 2 years can now be considered a sunk cost -
    however, I'll have a degree so it won't have been all in vain.

• Advertisement

Well when you see that the majority of Commerce are in accounting or banking and finance, I really fail to see how this subject justifies carrying twice as many credits as financial accounting or financial management.
    its got to do with the concept that a university education gives you an understanding of contexts and ideas beyond what you need to preform a specific task.

In semester two Strategy Formulation and Implementation will be attributed double credits [sic] aswell.

Umaro wrote: »
    Definitely not Commerce anyways, but I only have 6 months until I graduate. Sadly, the first 2 years can now be considered a sunk cost -
    however, I'll have a degree so it won't have been all in vain.
    if you are using concepts such as sunk costs then at least you've taken something from it. maybe more than you might realise.

Anyway, I take it your a BBLS man then. Best of luck with exams and future career etc.

Advertisement