Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1080p

• 24-11-2007 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭

is it a bit strange i cant get 1080p on my xbox 360 elite

my tv is a 1080p tv and my ps3 gets 1080p no bother

im using a hdmi cable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

is the tv set to 1080P?

Probably is just its the only thing I could think of off my head..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

is it a bit strange i cant get 1080p on my xbox 360 elite

my tv is a 1080p tv and my ps3 gets 1080p no bother

im using a hdmi cable

Is it a sony?
    I know some sony 1080p were having problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its a xoro tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

its a xoro tv

Dunno then, you try the official xbox forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

NOOB QUESTION ALERT

whats the difference between 1080 and 720? i know obviously 1080 ius better or whatever, but how can i go about finding if my tv can take it?

i hear all this talk about hdmi and i dont think im fully up on it

i just use the cable that came with my 360 pro console, have it switched to HD and in it goes, would a hdmi make it look even better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Savemejebus has the exact same problem as you mate. Same TV too. Possibly a compatability issue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It may look slightly crisper due to hdmi being a digital input rather than component which is analogue. Also when you connect to a hdtv using component it upscales dvds to 576p whereas if you connect using a hdmi cable it upscales to 1080i. I think this is due to copyright issues.As far as i know you can get a hdmi lead in tesco for 10euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

As Flaccus said I have the same tv and have the same issue. Tried different hdmi cables and messed around with every setting available. Have googled a bit, it seems to be a problem with a few different brands of tv and some amps. Supposedly MS are working on an update. I don't mind too much as tbh 1080i via HDMI looks better than 1080p via component (on my tv anyway). The only real disappointment has been HALO 3, so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well turns out id been playing my 360 on 480p. Shocking, i changed it to 1080i and omg the difference :)

and to think i thought 360 looked amazing on 480, think of what i think now :)

Advertisement