Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder In Johns Park Sat 24th November

• 24-11-2007 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

Just got this news man in his 20's stabbed to death in the johns park area i did get his name but wont put it on a public forum as im sure all family have not been informed . Think it happened 2-3 hours ago

Waterfords Muder Rate per capita is the highest in the country .Shocking

May the chap R.I.P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Terrible stuff :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes it happened in a house by the end of the Folly. I too know the person and will not name him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

:( Such a pitty.

May the dead man RIP. My condolenses to his family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've only just heard about it. Terrible news.

My condolenses to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah I know the name. This city is getting out of hand. The law needs to lock up every bit of filth that plagues our streets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Write for the Daily Mail or Evening Herald do you? ;)

btw the dead man has been named as Joe Cummins and the man arrested in connection with his death is from Clonmel.

Just a thought - as a legal process is now in train we should proberly shut up about this.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhqlsnkfau/ aparently there was also a second fatal stabbing in waterford yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Just got this news man in his 20's stabbed to death in the johns park area i did get his name but wont put it on a public forum as im sure all family have not been informed . Think it happened 2-3 hours ago

Waterfords Muder Rate per capita is the highest in the country .Shocking

May the chap R.I.P

on what evidence do u base that on
    waterford had 2 murders last year.
    now compare that with dublin, cork. galway or limerick or any other major urban area and im sure we would be lower than the average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

utick wrote: »
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhqlsnkfau/ aparently there was also a second fatal stabbing in waterford yesterday

you need to get yourself a map of waterford city mate..
    area is known as lower grange,st johns park is also an alias for this row of houses as it is in the st johns park area. ballytruckle terrace is another one.

the report says A man is being questioned today by gardaí investigating the death of a second man in Waterford city yesterday. so was there 2 murders in waterford at the weekend
    on the tv3 news they didnt say anything about a second man

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I cant get my head around it at all. RTE reported the stabbing, then a new article appeared stating they arrested a man for the stabbing. Nothing about two murders.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1125/waterford.html
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1124/waterford.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yeah I only heard of one murder - I don't think there was two..

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

really shocking, i lived next door to the family when i was a kid and joe would have been a baby, i didnt know joe too well, i know his brother fairly well, really shocking, this city is getting worse, actually not just this city, this bloody country,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

" the man was being questioned..... ..... of a second man. "

Same person just the way it was reported.

the man that was arrested last night was released today without charge. so does that mean they havent caught anyone in relation to this

Or they dont have anything to charge him on.. he was kept in Tramore I believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

paul666 wrote: »
    on what evidence do u base that on
    waterford had 2 murders last year.
    now compare that with dublin, cork. galway or limerick or any other major urban area and im sure we would be lower than the average.

I'd imagine this relates back to that article a few months back about Waterford being Ireland's murder capital. They came up with this because they calculated the number of murders per capita, not the actual number of murders in the cities, usual scaremongering bull**** rags like the Independent love to run! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well per capita is the most honest measurement, even if it doesn't take account of spacial occurence or circumstances or trends.

Mike.

Advertisement