Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yellow Box

Options
  • 24-11-2007 8:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This has happened to me twice now, in two different places. Basically I'm driving along in slow traffic and there's a yellow box, so naturally I slow down and if I can't clear the box, I will stop just before it. However in these two cases, the driver behind me wanted to make a right turn just in front of my car. Now if I entered the box they could have, but that would've blocked people from exiting / entering the road on the left.

Anyway the driver got quite aggravated and started beeping constantly - which I can't stand, whether it's directed at me or not! I didn't move for them anyway, and then when my way was clear, I moved off.

So who was right? I suspect I was, but when its happend a few times I'm not so sure...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yes of course you were. The guy was obviously an asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

^^^ Agreed, you only enter the yellow box if you're turning right or you can clear it. Next time, start reversing and see what happens! ;) (Joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anyone familiar with the traffic lights at the courthouse in Letterkenny?

There is a large yellow box there in front of the lights before the start of Main Street. Traffic regularly backs up along the Main Street. This means that when the lights go to green one must remain put until the box clears but the good people of Letterkenny don't seem to understand the concept of the yellow box and sound their horn, point at the green light and make gestures at me to move on! :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, happens to me all the time. i was stop at a yellow box to go straight on but couldnt, there was a coach behind me, going left, he started beeping flashing his lights etc. and then decided he was going to around me. going on to the opposite side of the road and then blocking the yellow box himself, for those of use going straight on.

i have stopped driving to work for the most now, because of these muppet people.

there is a yellow box on the main road, outside my estate, do people recognise it - no they dont, which i cant get out of the estate :(

Advertisement