Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 note; legal tender...?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

davejones wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me last week in an off license.
    The guy behind the counter said he couldn't take it; so i asked him why and i told him to check it (i had only just got it from the ATM).

he said it was probably real but too much of a risk to take.He was nice about it and everything.

I told him to suck my balls and went to another off-e.

Used to happen to me a few times in the offy during the summer. I'd have no change and would have to refuse, nobody got uppy about it thankfully.

I remember my dad found a e500 note in a pub last year which he nearly threw in the bin with the rubbish (he was working there), took him a good while of looking back through video footage but tracked down the owner and returned it a day or two later... who hadn't realised they lost it!

Advertisement